Fatal error help needed Fatal error

I just upgraded to 4.3.1 and everything looked great until after I clicked the upgrade button. When I clicked the go to store front page I got this error

Fatal error: Unable to read 4438 bytes in /home/wws/public_html/shoppe/index_enc_zend.php on line 0

When I tried deleting everything and reloading my back up the only option I now get is to do a setup which I DON't want to do. I don't want to start over!

I tried reloading teh index_enc_zend.php backed up file again but it doesn't fix the error.

Help?

Hi

This can be caused by two possible problems :

1) You didnt upload the files in binary mode when you FTP'd the upgrade files to your server

2) The version of the the Zend Optimiser that is installed on your server is not compatible and is likely to be an old version

If you took a full backup of all the files and the database before you started the upgrade then you will be able to restore back to that point without any problems

What version were you upgrading from ? Check and see what version of Zend is installed and compare against the minimum requirements

Best wishes

Ian

Hi

This can be caused by two possible problems :

1) You didnt upload the files in binary mode when you FTP'd the upgrade files to your server

2) The version of the the Zend Optimiser that is installed on your server is not compatible and is likely to be an old version

If you took a full backup of all the files and the database before you started the upgrade then you will be able to restore back to that point without any problems

What version were you upgrading from ? Check and see what version of Zend is installed and compare against the minimum requirements

Best wishes

Ian

Thank you Ian,

Turns out the new FTP program I'm using wasn't set to Binary. I've never used one that gave me other options before which is why I ran into the problem and was so confused by it. Now to fix the other problems I'm running into. All minor Admin issues.

Hopefully this helps someone else from the same panic I went through. Nothing like customers calling asking if I've gone out of business!

Jamie