does cubecart have any limits

Guest Bindi

Guest Bindi

hello

I have been asked does cubecart have any limits to number of users or orders or products.

Based on whatthey have done previously my client believes that he will have 30,000 - 40,000 members placing orders between monthly and 1/2 yearly, but his question is has cubecart got any limits to how many orders/ users it can handle oe is it based on whatthe server can handl?

thanks

ian

Guest soulmanmtl

hello

I have been asked does cubecart have any limits to number of users or orders or products.

Based on whatthey have done previously my client believes that he will have 30,000 - 40,000 members placing orders between monthly and 1/2 yearly, but his question is has cubecart got any limits to how many orders/ users it can handle oe is it based on whatthe server can handl?

thanks

ian

Just based on "what-i-heard-and-experienced" even if it does say that theres is no limit, I tend to believe there is. I had about 5000 categories and I had to redesign the whole site to go down to like 400 cats because i couldnt load them anymore, etc... It is a 100% sure because I hads too many cats because now its all fine. Although I saw someone stating he had almost the same amount and it works fine. Again, someone else had the same problem has me and ended up going with a com pletly different platform. Fpor tjhe amount of products, I would say there is nio probolem because it never happens that you will have to load all the product ID onm a same page or dropdown box. The problem seems to be that if they are all loaded in a dropdown (like cats when you lets says wanna add/edit one) if you have to many, it doesnt work anymore after a while even if you change the timeout to 900. So, for the customers, that copuld be a problem, and I read someone mentionning that issue he was having, because when you go in edit an order that has been placed, the field with the customers on the top right is a dropdown and i read that after 500 customers, problems occur. Again, that is not a fact, just a saying that has for me, really like cubecart, really great and all, but has for that many members, i would be personnaly a bit nervous of having my CC crashing at any moments.

Hope that helps a bit.... you can always ask directly to the sales department of cubecart.

hello

thanks

ian

A lot will also depend on the hosting platform and in particular the speed of the server where the database is stored. I dont look after any stores that have anywhere near 4000 categories (and cant ever imagine why you would want that many ?). However, many of my customers' sites have well over 500 registered customers without any problems - several have many thousands without any problems

Regards

Ian

Guest Bindi

Thanks for the feedback , but my client is looking at about 100-200 products and 30,000 - 40,000 members placing orders, its the registered customers that seems to be the question if cc4 can handle it.

thanks

ian

Thanks for the feedback , but my client is looking at about 100-200 products and 30,000 - 40,000 members placing orders, its the registered customers that seems to be the question if cc4 can handle it.

thanks

ian

Hi

As I said previously, I have many clients that have many thousands of customers, the largest isnt quite 30,000 but isnt far short and is well over the 500 quoted as being a problem. If your client or you is concerned, then it is easy to generate a database with this number of dummy customers and check the performance on the server that you intend to host the site.

Regards

Ian