Results of my error log

Ronnie50

I just went into my server error logs and found that this error is listed over and over and over. Can someone please let me know what is wrong.

I am running cc v4.1.1

Error log:

PHP Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /hermes/web01/b1599/as.offshoreparts/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php on line 95

Here is the code that it is pointing to:

## Sanitize GET variables to prevent XSS attacks

function sanitizeVar($text) {

$text = htmlspecialchars($text, ENT_COMPAT);

return $text;

If i'm not mistaken this line of code was changed as a security update several months back. Does anyone know what this should say to make it not throw an error? Thanks in advance to all replies!!

Yes this site is modded up pretty good. What is your suggestion for fixing this. I haven't even launched the store yet and I don't really want to have to try to upgrade already, especially with all the mods. Is there anything else I can do?

Yes this site is modded up pretty good. What is your suggestion for fixing this. I haven't even launched the store yet and I don't really want to have to try to upgrade already, especially with all the mods. Is there anything else I can do?

What problems is this actually causing to your site ?

What problems is this actually causing to your site ?

I guess it isn't really causing any problems to the site. I was mainly trying to just get rid of the error before it did start to cause problems. I guess maybe I need to let the site work and see then what it is going to do.