New Mi Boutique Urban Wear Design

Guest miboutique urban wear

Browser: Made for firefox! a few very minor display errors in IE7 (IE6 down unsure) our stats have proven in the past that 93% of our customer base used Firefox.

Http://www.mi-boutique.com/

Your embeded url is incorrect - got an extra http:// in there !

93% are using Firefox ? wow - that is extremely unusual.

Site is certainly different and will probably fit the market that you are aiming at very well - but the tiled background is a little messy for my personal taste and it is very difficult to read some of the text on parts of the front page.

It's completely unusable in IE6.

In Firefox, I found it very difficult to navigate, and the graphics just took too long to download. Front page first hit, total download: 1336 KB (1390 KB uncompressed), that is massive.

Where did you get the statistics for Firefox usage?

Site is certainly different and will probably fit the market that you are aiming at very well - but the tiled background is a little messy for my personal taste and it is very difficult to read some of the text on parts of the front page.

We have a very small customer base at the moment, this stat was taken from google.

could you possibly please take a screen shot as it what it looks like on your end? and im with you on the bg, working on some new photos of leather as we speak :)

i'm trying to compress things as much as I can now to speed up the load times and will soon add return to previous page links on each page.

any other advice would be great thanks

We have a very small customer base at the moment, this stat was taken from google.

could you possibly please take a screen shot as it what it looks like on your end? and im with you on the bg, working on some new photos of leather as we speak :)

i'm trying to compress things as much as I can now to speed up the load times and will soon add return to previous page links on each page.

any other advice would be great thanks

Browser split does vary a lot depending on site and visitor profile but typical values that I get across all of sites that I host would be something like IE 60% - 65%, FF 25% - 30%, Safari 4% - 6% and Chrome 2% the rest being made up by odds and ends.

Screenshot attached - you can just about see the writing at the bottom of the right hand colum - this is in IE8. As you have said you have quite a lot of problems with IE7 but you also have problems with IE6 and earlier as well

Regards

Ian

thank you for your help, I think 99% of IE7 problems have been fixed and hopefully in turn IE8...(fingers crossed some feedback would be great)

not sure about IE6 down but I will advise customers on new entry page that is being build, that this site is compatible with IE7 +

Compressed site from back end via Apache and compressed tile image and content bg image to hoefully help with the load times

thank you for your help, I think 99% of IE7 problems have been fixed and hopefully in turn IE8...(fingers crossed some feedback would be great)

not sure about IE6 down but I will advise customers on new entry page that is being build, that this site is compatible with IE7 +

Compressed site from back end via Apache and compressed tile image and content bg image to hoefully help with the load times

IE7 is much better - you do still have some differences between IE7 and IE8 but minor

Aim: Streamline checkout process and give it a totally new clean feel.

Browser: Made for firefox! a few very minor display errors in IE7 (IE6 down unsure) our stats have proven in the past that 93% of our customer base used Firefox.

Cubecart version: 3.18

Time: 36 hours

Mods: 5+ (including goober coupon mod, Aakumanz column mod, Express checkout, sort products, ANZ gateway coming soon)

Feat: Great Urban wear from around the globe distributed in the Australian market, Including indi Australian Clothing Designer.

EDIT:

new updated register section, changed layout and tables

99% display problems fixed for IE 7 + 8

Nav links added to each page (EG: return to previous page) to help stream line process.

more image compression! still working on page load times, about to do some css stacking....(my head is hurting already)

Flash banners and movies will be added over the next few days

and menu upgrade from html roll over to flash menu in the works as well

oh and the blog has a nice little face lift :homestar:

another EDIT:

Comments would be great,

Thanks

Mi boutique design crew.

IE7 is much better - you do still have some differences between IE7 and IE8 but minor

Taking everything into account we made further changes (still upgrading account section), I believe this is a quite unique cube cart store and I am yet to find another one like it.

I hope you enjoy it, and please leave your comments.

It has been tested in Firefox and IE 7 +

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...