Card Numbers appear as XXX

Guest m.kotewicz

Guest m.kotewicz

I upgraded my store from 4.2.2 to 4.3.2 (or whatever the latest is) and in the card section it appears as xxx.

I read about this and from what I gather is that I need to have SSL enabled. Now I've never had SSL on this hosting, and once I reverted to a backup it all worked again. Also when it was at version 4.3.2 it complained about SSL when I went to pay through card.

What gives? I've never had a problem and have never had to use SSL for card transactions?

Guest m.kotewicz

If you are using card capture its a requirement to use SSL.

Are you using shared SSL or have you purchased your ows SSL certificate?

What are the error messages?

What is the URL of your store?

I'm not sure - I've been using card capture for about a year now and its been absolutely fine. All of a sudden (after an upgrade) it seems to be whinging about SSL. Wierd or what?

I've reverted the store back to the old one that worked, I've forgotten the exact message that came up.

What gives? I've never had a problem and have never had to use SSL for card transactions?

You should use SSL if you are displaying this information, in fact you may be breaking any agreement with your card processing company, I would check this and try and find the solution.