Gift Certificate

Guest Shruti

Guest Shruti

I m using 'gift certificate'. When i send gift certificate, it reaches to recipient but when the recipient try to use that gift certificate code while shopping , that code doesn't work.

Guest Shruti

Is there any message displayed when trying to use the certificate?

no it does not display any message. It simply goes to payment page as normally the process flows.

Guest Shruti

after enabling gift certificate from admin side and setting the admin side settings is there any other step left to enable gift certificate functinality. Am I required to uncomment some code from core files.

Guest soulmanmtl

Might be a bit obvious but had few clients doing so.... did they clicked the update button after they wrote the code for the gift certificate. Because if they just write it down in the box, and click checkout after...the gift certificate havent been calaculated so it goes as if there was nothing.

Guest Shruti

Might be a bit obvious but had few clients doing so.... did they clicked the update button after they wrote the code for the gift certificate. Because if they just write it down in the box, and click checkout after...the gift certificate havent been calaculated so it goes as if there was nothing.

Yes, after clicking the the 'Apply Changes' button , it displays the message 'Discount code has been applied successfully! (Remove)' but after clicking the checkout button, it seems that cart has not been updated, or discount have not been calculated, because the cart still shows the same amount due for payment which is the original price of product before discount.

Guest Shruti

Are you using the latest version of CubeCart, have you any mods or altered any core files?

yes, I am using latest version of i.e. cube cart 4.3.1. I haven't altered any core files. I have installed the module for site document. But I guess that should not affect 'Gift Certificate' functionality.

Guest Shruti

the gift certificate is functional now. But it does not change the total value in shopping cart. What could be the reason for it.

Guest soulmanmtl

Thanks alot..!! Ausy and soulmanmtl.... Gift certificate is functional now...

No worries mate! I havent been really helpful but I like when people try to help me so Im trying to do the same. Glad its working for you now ;-)