Orders are canceling themselves!

Guest skyman

Guest skyman

We have a serious issue with our cart that has popped up recently. It wasn't an issue up until about a couple weeks ago. We're noticing a trend that orders are canceling themselves after the customer goes back into their basket. When the customer goes back into their basket, it still shows their item in there and the item should be removing itself after the order takes place. What could be causing this? The only time the order goes through okay is when the customer doesn't go back into their basket. We have another cubecart 4 store and this does not happen and all works as should. Any ideas?

We have a serious issue with our cart that has popped up recently. It wasn't an issue up until about a couple weeks ago. We're noticing a trend that orders are canceling themselves after the customer goes back into their basket. When the customer goes back into their basket, it still shows their item in there and the item should be removing itself after the order takes place. What could be causing this? The only time the order goes through okay is when the customer doesn't go back into their basket. We have another cubecart 4 store and this does not happen and all works as should. Any ideas?

I have seen the same thing but it isn't an issue if the customer continues all the way through to payment. It occurs if the customer decides to return to the cart before completing payment. The order cancels itself and the items remain in the basket.

Stating the issue is serious isn't going to make any difference around here for something like this. I have issues with my taxes which I posted that I consider serious but based on my observations and actions with that issue and others, it's going to have to go through paid support. Entering it in the bug tracker, bug or not, isn't going to see any prompt action, but you should enter it in there. I have had my tax issue in there since the 6th of June.

I had also entered another bug in the bug tracker a solid week or more before someone posted a similar issue in the forum which for some reason got a response from CubeCart versus having it dealt with in their bug tracker. It turns out it was one of the reasons 4.3.3 was released. Other than paid support for your issue I don't have a lot of faith in a satisfactory (which includes timely) resolution for you

If you do go the paid route I would like to hear back with your experience. In saying that, I may beat you to it if I can't get my issues resolved in the forums or the bug tracker. I have only had one dealing with paid support recently that wasn't bug related and their response and actions were customer oriented and professional.

Guest skyman

Thanks for your reply astrodude and your concern for my use of words. I am asking for the purpose of this forum if anybody has a clue as to what my be causing this. I'm aware of the support area. Thanks.

I have seen the same thing but it isn't an issue if the customer continues all the way through to payment. It occurs if the customer decides to return to the cart before completing payment. The order cancels itself and the items remain in the basket.

Stating the issue is serious isn't going to make any difference around here for something like this. I have issues with my taxes which I posted that I consider serious but based on my observations and actions with that issue and others, it's going to have to go through paid support. Entering it in the bug tracker, bug or not, isn't going to see any prompt action, but you should enter it in there. I have had my tax issue in there since the 6th of June.

I had also entered another bug in the bug tracker a solid week or more before someone posted a similar issue in the forum which for some reason got a response from CubeCart versus having it dealt with in their bug tracker. It turns out it was one of the reasons 4.3.3 was released. Other than paid support for your issue I don't have a lot of faith in a satisfactory (which includes timely) resolution for you

If you do go the paid route I would like to hear back with your experience. In saying that, I may beat you to it if I can't get my issues resolved in the forums or the bug tracker. I have only had one dealing with paid support recently that wasn't bug related and their response and actions were customer oriented and professional.

Thanks for your reply astrodude and your concern for my use of words. I am asking for the purpose of this forum if anybody has a clue as to what my be causing this. I'm aware of the support area. Thanks.

I'm looking for an answer as well. This started occurring in 4.3.2 and continues in 4.3.3. I am quite sure our stores aren't going to be the only ones. It's just nobody else has noticed yet. I didn't file a bug report as I was placing my tax issue ahead of that but your right in that this needs to be addressed promptly. It wasn't until you posted that I remembered this was occurring.

I'm going to post a bug report and reference this thread.

Edit: Here is a link to the bug report http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=1490

Guest vennt

This sounds related to the whole "Pending Order" design choice the Cubecart team made with version 4. The order is created when the "Place Order" button is pressed (at this same time the "Pending Order" email is sent, if you've not disabled it) Also at this point I believe the cart is emptied.

If the customer decides that they wanted to add another item to the basket. Lets say the customer adds another item to the cart and returns to the cart page - at this point I think the previous order is set to cancelled and a new order is created. If the user checks the Order History, they will have a cancelled order listed (the one that was previously "Placed", but not paid for).

I was doing some testing with my payment gateway and overall checkout flow and did this several times (added items, placed order, added more items), and when I checked the Order History I had about 20 cancelled "orders" :errm: Not the nicest thing for the customer to see. It almost seems that when the checkout flow was made, it was made based on a straight forward uninterrupted flow, but customers don't always act the way we predict - which makes the way the checkout / order system work very confusing.

I have upgraded to 4.3.3 this week and now have this problem too. Anyone reaching the make payment page then deciding to click the continue shopping link has had the last item added to basket removed and the order cancelled or all items added remain in the basket but the order is cancelled. This is an important issue and needs looking at urgently! Installing the suggested code change by Convict to see what happens.

Edit: added code as suggested, cleared cache, no change still piles up cancelled order after cancelled order.

I have upgraded to 4.3.3 this week and now have this problem too. Anyone reaching the make payment page then deciding to click the continue shopping link has had the last item added to basket removed and the order cancelled or all items added remain in the basket but the order is cancelled. This is an important issue and needs looking at urgently! Installing the suggested code change by Convict to see what happens.

Edit: added code as suggested, cleared cache, no change still piles up cancelled order after cancelled order.

I'll test the suggested fix as well and report back, if for nothing else other than to back up your results.

Has anyone else tried the suggested fix

Edit: The supplied fix is definitely appreciated. However, I have now tested it as well and as indicated by onebrowncow it doesn't work.

...Anyone reaching the make payment page then deciding to click the continue shopping link has had the last item added to basket removed and the order cancelled or all items added remain in the basket but the order is cancelled. This is an important issue and needs looking at urgently! Installing the suggested code change by Convict to see what happens.

This has nothing common to my fix. The problem you described is CubeCart 'feature' it cancel order once customer does not continue to payment because payment select page is the one order is placed and email about sent.

Fix mentioned by me solves problem once customer paid for order and visits the cart immediately after. In other words it fixes issue skyman mentioned.

Convict - comment on your code addition noted, sorry for the misunderstanding on this matter.

However I have to agree with AstroDude. What is the point having a link titled 'Continue Shopping' on the make payment page if when it is clicked it cancels the order and sends an order cancelled email to the customer. Thats not continuing shopping, thats cancelling and starting again.

I have been playing with this part of the cart on and off for a few days, I also experience a problem where, when clicking the continue shopping link it does not always go back to the basket as it was last left but can drop the last item added reverting to a state previous, continuing and clicking back to say the homepage and the items can re-appear in the basket or the basket can appear empty but when you add another new item all previous items re-appear.

I've used cubecart in all version of 4 and updated as soon as each new version has become available, but never before have I encounter a problem where basically the basket seems to have a hole in the bottom through which items can randomly fall through.

Guest Pauldb38

Well I agree the CONTINUE SHOPPING link on checkout pages and its appropriate code isn't felicitous we are aware of. The next major release doesn't go this way.

I have this problem where can i find the code to fix this ? I have to say i didn't have a problem before i upgraded to the latest version at the weekend....

Paul.

Guest skyman

Thanks everyone. Yes, the bug link posted by Astrodude has fixed my issue. I was in contact with support as well and the re-appearing item has been resolved at this time with the mentioned code fix.

Thanks everyone. Yes, the bug link posted by Astrodude has fixed my issue. I was in contact with support as well and the re-appearing item has been resolved at this time with the mentioned code fix.

Hi,

For those who think the supplied code fixed the issue and it at this point I am not 100% sure what everyone thinks the issue is but what I just experienced is that I abandoned payment at the payment screen via the home page link and the cart was showing empty on the home page, but when I clicked on the basket the product was still there. What's even worst is that when I tried to add another product from the home page it never got added and the original product was still there.

This thread contains two issues which unfortunately have been posted in the same location due to the thread title. This is how I see it.

1] Skyman experienced an issue after the order has been completed and paid for only for customers immediately returning to the store to find thier chosen items still in their basket whcich should have been emptied on order completion. The bug fix posted by Convict fixes this particular issue and only this issue.

2] Astrodude and Onebrowncow (myself :yeahhh: ) have a problem where, when a customer reaches the make payment page if the customer changes their mind at this point and clicks the continue shopping link they are returned to the store to do what appears to be continuing with their shopping, but the order they have just generated and navigated back away from by clicking the continue shopping link is automatically cancelled, a new order is automatically raised which can contain some or all of the previously raised order or may or may not have dropped part of the basket contents from the basket - totally confusing the customer as well as emailing them an order cancelled email and resulting in them leaving the site.

As yet there appears to be no fix for issue 2 other than the offer of a change in future releases, not much help when it didn't happen before I upgraded to 4.3.3 and as we dont know when the next release of Cubecart will be. In the meantime my quick fix solution is going to be to remove the continue shopping link from the cart menus and all I ask of support is that they at least have a play around with the scenarios we are talking about and see what's happening. Thanks.

you may also like to know: cubecart version 4.3.3 PHP Version 5.2.9 running IE7 on XP

Oh btw Convict I had to look up the word felicitous - LOL so learnt a new word today!

Guest vennt

Thanks for clearing that up onebrowncow, I was getting confused there myself :unsure:

1] Skyman experienced an issue after the order has been completed and paid for only for customers immediately returning to the store to find thier chosen items still in their basket whcich should have been emptied on order completion. The bug fix posted by Convict fixes this particular issue and only this issue.

I must say I have not experienced this issue yet, but I am going to run some tests.

2] Astrodude and Onebrowncow (myself :) ) have a problem where, when a customer reaches the make payment page if the customer changes their mind at this point and clicks the continue shopping link they are returned to the store to do what appears to be continuing with their shopping, but the order they have just generated and navigated back away from by clicking the continue shopping link is automatically cancelled, a new order is automatically raised which can contain some or all of the previously raised order or may or may not have dropped part of the basket contents from the basket - totally confusing the customer as well as emailing them an order cancelled email and resulting in them leaving the site.

I have experienced this issue, one possible fix would be deleting the order instead of cancelling it. the order class provides a deleteOrder method, though currently they are just changing the order status to "6" (ie cancelled).

As yet there appears to be no fix for issue 2 other than the offer of a change in future releases, not much help when it didn't happen before I upgraded to 4.3.3 and as we dont know when the next release of Cubecart will be. In the meantime my quick fix solution is going to be to remove the continue shopping link from the cart menus and all I ask of support is that they at least have a play around with the scenarios we are talking about and see what's happening. Thanks.

From recent responses it sounds like they are in full swing on v5. My hopes for anything this "major" are pretty low.

• 3 months later...
Guest JodieR

Has there been any update on this - having problems as N0.2 - orders being cancelled. However, unrelated orders, ie orders from other people previously completed, are also being cancelled.

I had no idea this was a bug - I just thought it was my customers doing the wrong thing, but now I realise that it wasn't.

Has this been resolved in 4.3.4?

Guest Crimson12

Stating the issue is serious isn't going to make any difference around here for something like this. I have issues with my taxes which I posted that I consider serious but based on my observations and actions with that issue and others, it's going to have to go through paid support. Entering it in the bug tracker, bug or not, isn't going to see any prompt action, but you should enter it in there.

Regards

Crimson

____

dossier surendettement

Has there been any update on this - having problems as N0.2 - orders being cancelled. However, unrelated orders, ie orders from other people previously completed, are also being cancelled.

I had no idea this was a bug - I just thought it was my customers doing the wrong thing, but now I realise that it wasn't.

Has this been resolved in 4.3.4?

^ Nope,

I get random orders canceled even if the customer has paid.

:wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Roger Huston

I have the same problem, and i think this is URGENT... Have anybody placed the bug already?

How do you tell? We are getting close to opening our store, but this is my first cubecart store and I am not familiar with the backend processes. How do you handle this? Is there a work-around?

- Roger

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barakobama

Kerja Keras Adalah Energi Kita

iklan gratis

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dorotek

In the meantime my quick fix solution is going to be to remove the continue shopping link from the cart menus and all I ask of support is that they at least have a play around with the scenarios we are talking about and see what's happening. Thanks.

i have the same problems but i cannot to upgrade to the latest version at the moment- all i want is to remove the useful links menu or at least just the continue shopping link. i have just spent a few hours trying to find it. feel so stupid and have no other choice than ask for help. can someone tell me where i can find the code?

In the meantime my quick fix solution is going to be to remove the continue shopping link from the cart menus and all I ask of support is that they at least have a play around with the scenarios we are talking about and see what's happening. Thanks.

i have the same problems but i cannot to upgrade to the latest version at the moment- all i want is to remove the useful links menu or at least just the continue shopping link. i have just spent a few hours trying to find it. feel so stupid and have no other choice than ask for help. can someone tell me where i can find the code?