F**KING FAKE ORDERS....

Guest dudestore

Guest dudestore

Gee... its really annoying when people would make a fake order when they just wanted to see the site... not even visiting to BUY my product(s).

F**K THEM ALL WHO DO THAT...

Anyone have the same experiences like I did??

I had someone recently create 3 different test customer accounts all from the same IP and as I kept deleting them they kept recreating them.

Yes, it's annoying, and quite rude! :(

Guest dudestore

Yeah, I agree. I get them too from time to time. You think it's bad when you have one store, try when you have 6 of your own and manage 5 others :(

Mysty

Actually, I'm running two CC + two other which not officially launched but had been found by somebody.. so in all, I had like 4-6 fake orders.

Guest dudestore

I had someone recently create 3 different test customer accounts all from the same IP and as I kept deleting them they kept recreating them.

Yes, it's annoying, and quite rude! :(

Yeah.. damn annoying me when thinking that I thought "WOW I MADE A SALE!" then later "OOHH... (bleep) them! Wasted my time."

Guest OskMedia

who cares, i mean you are telling people about your site what do you expect, when you site gets BIG, you wil get over 5-10 a DAY, if you want a REAL solution and it bothers you that much use a PAYAPL IPN(imade 1) yes those will assure you the money is there,--------Josh

Guest dudestore

who cares, i mean you are telling people about your site what do you expect, when you site gets BIG, you wil get over 5-10 a DAY, if you want a REAL solution and it bothers you that much use a PAYAPL IPN(imade 1) yes those will assure you the money is there,--------Josh

Yeah but it says "LIVE".. meaning it a real business... not a test store. Not just me, many other too.

Saying "who care" mean you don't care if ppl not buying your products, just screwing you up with no money.

Do you like that??

Guest dudestore

Sorry if I'm blasting negative words.... of course I understands that some ppl would do that to see how CC works.. and what the designs look like.. or whatever.

It just that why can't they do it on CC demo store or any test store offered by modder or designer, ya know i mean?

...come to think of it, if there was a way to disallow usernames/email addresses specifically it would help me out on keeping the database clean and not having to go in and constantly delete.

I know that some of the forum software has a feature where specific usernames are not allowed if you set them, such as the name "admin[name]", etc.

If it were available I'd have it send an account-creation error for anyone using "test" in their username or email address which happens all the time. (This is a live store, please do not use this store for testing.)

I know it's not fool-proof but *hopefully* a deterrent.

If anyone knows how to do make that an option for when stores go live, it would be great.

I don't know how you could make it an option where you add words that cannot be used...

But it shouldn't be that hard to code it right into the registration form. Just add a line when checking the name or e-mail address where if checks if name=test, then display a message and try again.

Guest OskMedia

all i am saying is PEOPLE don't care, they don't care if they give you trouble they want to see somehthing they will see it they don't care if it bothers you, i would strobly suggest you using IPN though, that would stop all this, ----OskMedia