Paypal Pro setup failure

Guest homerjgolf

Guest homerjgolf

Ive just set up Paypal Pro (Website Payments Pro UK)within cubecart for a customer which appears as if it should be the most straightforward thing in the world but when I attempt to make a purchase from the site it returns a Paypal API error and no additional information.

I'm reasonably sure the info I've configured within Cubecart is correct although I have a couple of queries

Firstly, Username - "should be the same value as Vendor" - I am using the username that I have found in the following area within Paypal

My Account>>Profile>>Request API Credentials>>Option2

(The customer set up his own Paypal account and has had it verified)

Also the Password - should this be the same password the customer has provided me to login to his Paypal account or is this the API password found in the same location I just mentioned.

As you might gather ...first time setting up Paypal Pro .

Hope someone can help out.

Cheers.

Guest homerjgolf

I think you need to set up the Website Payments Pro (PayFlow edition) for UK, thats how mine is set up.

Hi Ausy,

thanks for the reply. It is the Website Payments Pro (PayFlow edition UK) that I'm attempting to set up.

Appreciate any pointers especially regarding the username and password issue in case I'm confusing myself i.e. do you use the Paypal account password or the "USER" password generated in the "Request API credentials"?

Likewise what is the "Vendor" name if you haven't set up a "USER"?

Thanks again anyone that can shed some light.

You dont need the API credentials, you need the following.

The username that set up Payment pro (either the main username or one for an additional user).

The password used to set up the Payment Pro account (or the password for the additional user)

The merchant ID

The Partner which is PayPalUK

Guest homerjgolf

Hi Ausy,

thanks for the info again. I got it to work eventually after consulting Paypal but seems to be some confusion between terminology between Paypal and Cubecart.

The way I got it to work was to add an additional user in the Profile>>Request API Credentials>>Set Up Payflow Pro API Access and in the space that Cubecart asked for Merchant ID I put in the vendor instead.

Hope this helps someone :)