Flash not working on subpages

I have included a Flash animation in the global/index.tpl and cart.tpl files, which works perfectly for me on all pages.

However, my client can only see the flash on the home page - when he goes into a sub page the flash image is replaced by a white box.

He is running Windows Vista and IE7

I told him to clear his cache files but he says this makes no difference. He also says it is happening on his sister's laptop and another machine he tried.

I have tried everything I can think of - to redoing and renaming the swf file, adding a no-cache command to the bottom of the template files, getting him to reinstall flash - but still no joy.

Has anyone else come across this?

I would be grateful if you could check out http://www.heartofenglandbutterflies.com/index.php and see if it does the same for you - ie works on the home page but not when you click on the navigation on the left hand side.

Otherwise anyone have any other ideas why this could be happening? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Soul Reaver

Hi Sleepy Frog

I see the flash (top right corner) on all pages....

Have you fixed it?

I'm using IE8...

I see from the source code that you have used the full path for the flash file... (http://www.heartofenglandbutterflies.com/hoebutterflies3.swf)

This was going to be my suggestion as you often get this when you use a relative path, (i.e. /files/filename.swf)

Take Care

Jon

The iframe was put in to correct the problem

If the link was to a document or cart, the index page reloaded, and therefore reloaded the flash file and the movie would start playing again.

If it was a link through the main navigation it seems that the index page was not fully reloading, and therefore the movie wasn't being reloaded/started again - hence the white square

To resolve it I had to place an iframe over the code so that it forced a reload of the file. Ones who don't support iframe should see the original embedded code