Possible to build a site like this with CC4?

Guest sportslitter

Guest sportslitter

I am looking for a shopping cart solution, and really like all the features of CubeCart4. All the live shops and demo sites I've seen look so plain and boring. They all just have 3 columns and no unique feel. Are there skinning limitations with CC4?

If you can a store professional designed can it be turned into cubecart or do you have to follow specific guidelines? Can you have a site as beautiful as http://www.bonobos.com/ be powered by cubecart?

Out of the box, CubeCart does have a few limitations when it comes to skinning. However, if you're willing to extend the PHP code, I don't envisage any limitations as such.

CubeCart is more limited by its feature set. Some of the features utilized on the referenced site are not included with CC4 as standard.

FYI, that store uses X-Cart. X-Cart is more flexible when it comes to skinning. X-Cart also has more features included as standard. However, you'll find that X-Cart is much more difficult to skin in comparison. However, if you are familiar with PHP (or more specifically Smarty), you shouldn't have any difficulties.