No country to select on registration

Hi,

Have been racking my brain to work out this problem...

Got a call from a potential customer saying that she could register on my site (www.police-kit.co.uk) as there is no contry to select and she couldn't proceed to the next step without a selection...

I have tried myself and it is true. All of the countrie are still in the admin "Countries & Zones"...

I have had customers buying (and registering), last week (28th July) and I have done nothing to the site's admin or changed any files since then...! I have not touched my DB - frankly, I'm not that great with MySQL and phpMyAdmin is a little scary...

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks

Andy

Guest dtmswebmaster

I took a look at your site, and you're right.. I can't see anything wrong from the site's end, I would recommend that you check your log files to see if they give you any errors.

I took a look at your site, and you're right.. I can't see anything wrong from the site's end, I would recommend that you check your log files to see if they give you any errors.

Hi - Thanks for your reply,

My error logs do not show anything about this..

I just had a quick look and there are lots of areas showing under 'Counties/States' and they all appear to be in the UK....but it is blank under 'Countrys'...Is there some option in admin that is making your store/registrations only open to the UK?

Hi - -thanks for your reply

I have a 3rd party mod (Shipping And Tax Always Visible v1) which I set up so long ago, can't remember what/if this prohibits, or affects, anything on the registration page... This is a mod to use when you only sell to 1 country so that your tax and shipping cost is visible on the first checkout page. I'll take a look into it.

The only thing that has happened recently was I went over my allowed quota for disk space on m server. although I rectified this quickly. I'm not sure if this could be a factor.

Any further assistance or suggestions welcome.

Andy

I have a 3rd party mod (Shipping And Tax Always Visible v1) which I set up so long ago, can't remember what/if this prohibits, or affects, anything on the registration page... This is a mod to use when you only sell to 1 country so that your tax and shipping cost is visible on the first checkout page. I'll take a look into it.

FYI - Took a look at this Mod - even turned it off - and there was no difference...!

So I'm actually not sure how I managed to just have UK counties on the registration page. As I said earlier, I set the site up and configured it ages ago... If someone can shed any light on this, it may help the problem.

Andy

Just another quick update - Looking at my account page (test account I made ages ago), the Country tab is missing as if there are no countries in the database (see picture attached)

Guest dtmswebmaster

If you haven't already.. re-enable the mod.. and change the default country.. see if that changes the available county/state/zone list. If so, it could be the mod that is doing it.

Also, try making a support ticket here.

Other than that, I'm really at a loss.

If you haven't already.. re-enable the mod.. and change the default country.. see if that changes the available county/state/zone list. If so, it could be the mod that is doing it.

Also, try making a support ticket here.

Other than that, I'm really at a loss.

Thanks for your reply,

This didn't do anything - so I think there is something wrong, other than the Mod.

Cheers anyway.

Andy