Is the latest version bugfree? im almost ready to change webshop beaco

Hi

I have cubecart version 3.0.14 and before that version 2

Version 2 was very good, i could change background colors and design teh shop as i wished.

this version i have today is full of bugs.

I cant:

change backgroundcolors / textcolors or anything like that

cant change stile or size or color of the text ininformation or main page. (text i added)

cant insert pictures

and so on...

my webmaster that has a master in programing cant either do that.

Im thinking of either start a new cubecart shop with the latest version or change to other webshop.

Is the above mentioned options possible the latest version of the free cubecart?

which version is that?

im grateful of a quick reply!

have a nice evening all

The latest free version is 3.0.20 and you should upgrade to the latest release because it included a security patch. You will have to pay if you want version 4 which does contain much more functionality. There is no reason why you should not be able to change background colours and text colours, and that includes your current version.

Nearly all ecommerce software has bugs, most things that do not work correctly are due to mods and poor hosting.

Sorry, such stylistic changes are not configurable in Admin. There is a folder, "skins". Within skins is the name of your particular skin. Within that, there is a folder, styleSheets. The CSS files are what you need to examine and learn what's what.

If you are a website designer novice, get yourself a CSS editor. Then, get Firefox and the Web Developer add-in. Using the add-in, you can determine easily what area of the web page is controlled by what CSS code.

Sorry, such stylistic changes are not configurable in Admin. There is a folder, "skins". Within skins is the name of your particular skin. Within that, there is a folder, styleSheets. The CSS files are what you need to examine and learn what's what.

If you are a website designer novice, get yourself a CSS editor. Then, get Firefox and the Web Developer add-in. Using the add-in, you can determine easily what area of the web page is controlled by what CSS code.

Im sorry, im not a designer - i dont know anything about programing, just simple stuff like admin.

Though is it possible to change the background colors and add pictures in admin, in version 4?

Maybe i should buy that version, but does anybody know if i can se how admin looks like in version 4 without downloading it - i can destroy a entire computer with one klick :(

thanks for your answers

You can get a 30 day trial of version 4 here http://www.cubecart.com/free-trial but its not possible to change background colours and text colours through admin.

Everyone is on a budget, but it would not cost too much to have your skin modified or have a custom skin made. It would pay in the end with sales.

There is also documentation on how to customise cubecart here. http://www.cubecartforums.org/docs/

Guest degsey69

Hi

I have cubecart version 3.0.14 and before that version 2

Version 2 was very good, i could change background colors and design teh shop as i wished.

this version i have today is full of bugs.

I cant:

change backgroundcolors / textcolors or anything like that

cant change stile or size or color of the text ininformation or main page. (text i added)

cant insert pictures

and so on...

my webmaster that has a master in programing cant either do that.

Im thinking of either start a new cubecart shop with the latest version or change to other webshop.

Is the above mentioned options possible the latest version of the free cubecart?

which version is that?

im grateful of a quick reply!

have a nice evening all

I think think if you look in the show off section all that you are asking has been done in V3, how you do it is another question as you need to edit the CSS and tpl files for the effects that you want, this is also possible on your version. I would change your webmaster or get him up to speed on CSS, html and php.