Fresh install of 3.0.20 and I have no images

Guest M_Albee

Guest M_Albee

I'm new to Cube Cart and didn't want to appear to be a total dunce t this so I have honestly tried to find the solution before posting. I've been searching for 2 days for the answer, have done 3 fresh installs, (getting pretty good at that) have printed off everything I could find about installations and have read the Knowledge base as well as lots of reading in this forum .

Visit My Website

Here's my problem;

It appears everything works except the images do not display. They are in the folders so it would seem from my experience with smf forums it must be an error with the image url path.

I'm using C-Panel, I'm trying to install in a sub domain I set up 3 days ago. It appears the site url is proper for the sub domain.

http://www.eaglesnest.cashbartertrade.com/index.php

I just checked around in my file manager and found if I used the Legacy it would give me the url for images. Is that correct? looks like it's looking at the parent domain?

URL: http://www.cashbartertrade.com/eaglesnest/...ndom/verify.jpg

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Guest M_Albee

Yes, I initially thought that may be the problem so when I reinstalled each time I carefully checked and set the 3 files to 0777 as the instructions told me.

I just checked again because of your question, and folders are at 0755, individual image files are 0644 so I believe they are correct.

Also when installing I did set includes/global.inc.php to 0777 and now it is 0644, the folder includes is 0755

I'm thinking it is something relatively simple, I'm just not experienced enough with CC to know where else to look so I appreciate any questions that may be the problem to get me to double check.

Just to be clear, NO images are displaying. There are no icons in the area you make posts and replys, just shadows of boxes.

Last night I used Fantastico Deluxe to load one just to see if it would be easier to use it, but it loads old versions 3.0.17 the images all work , but the menu /Category list does not show on the Home page in either Classic or Legend the tabs in Killer display, but I have way to many categories for that to work and look right. I need the side box menu.

I did not install this in a sub domain though, this morning I experimented and used fantastico again and installed into a sub domain and I'm having exactly the same problems. My conclusion is that for some reason it does not like being installed in sub domains.

I really need sub domains so individuals can set up their own store on my site so if someone has found the solution, please share it with me.

It appears the site url is proper for the sub domain.

I think the subdomain should be "eaglesnest.cashbartertrade.com". Although, technically, it should work if the DNS is set up properly to do "www.eaglesnest" as a sub-domain (I think sometimes called an "A-record" or "C-name" on cashbartertrade.com).

If I try to pull up an image directly, I get:

You don't have permission to access /skins/Legend/styleImages/backgrounds/pageBg.jpg on this server.

I can directly get images from my store, but I'm on Windows with different permission methods.

Guest M_Albee

It appears the site url is proper for the sub domain.

I think the subdomain should be "eaglesnest.cashbartertrade.com". Although, technically, it should work if the DNS is set up properly to do "www.eaglesnest" as a sub-domain (I think sometimes called an "A-record" or "C-name" on cashbartertrade.com).

If I try to pull up an image directly, I get:

You don't have permission to access /skins/Legend/styleImages/backgrounds/pageBg.jpg on this server.

I can directly get images from my store, but I'm on Windows with different permission methods.

Yes I get the same thing if I try to pull up an image directly too from that site. On the site I set up this morning in the normal way, not a sub domain

http://www.cashbartertrade.com/eagle/index.php the images all work fine and you can pull them up directly.

Guest M_Albee

To bring this issue to a close and a successful conclusion I will post here so if someone else should have this same problem when trying to install in sub domains.

A quick review;

I set up sub domain so I can allow others to have their own stores on my site.

When I installed Cube Cart into the sub domain everything worked fine EXCEPT NO images were displayed.

I could create a folder in my root: yourdomain.com /yourstore and upload Cube Cart and everything worked perfect and images displayed properly.

The problem was in public_html/.htaccess .

In order to make .htaccess visible you need to check "Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)" option when launching cPanel File Manager

After that please find and modify or disable the following line in your .htaccess file:

RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC] (I copied and saved just in case) I deleted this file, SAVED and everything works beautifully now.

I hope this helps someone else that has this problem and stressing right out from frustration knowing you did everything as instructed.

I struggled with this for 5 days before finding the solution, so hopefully I'll save someone from this same frustration.

Good Luck

Michael