Error: /cache folder is not writable!

Guest dazibest

Guest dazibest

Error: /cache folder is not writable! This can be made writable by accessing your store files with an FTP client or via your web hosting control panel if it has a file manager. The cache folder requires a file permission of 0777 (or as high as your hosting company allows e.g. 0775)

Cant get into the site or the admin I have changed the permissions to both 777 and 775 and it is still not working.

Please help!! I need to get the site back on line asap!

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Guest cherubix

Hi,

have you managed to get your site back up and running? I've got the same problem, checked my cache and it has permission 777.

Anyone to the rescue, please?

Thank you

Guest cherubix

Have a word with your hosting company and get them to check its definately writable and ask if they have changed anything on the server recently.

Thank you. All sorted now. I was checking the setting on the wrong cache folder (admin/cache), when it should have been just /cache folder. For some reasons it has disappeared, I have created new cache folder and it fixed the problem.