installing cc3 on my personal computer

denisb

I am trying to install cc3 on my personal computer in order to smooth out some of the setup that i want to do. I also had the same problems installing cubecart on my host website as i am having with installation on local host on my pc. Only by using fantastico did I get it up and runningon my host site. Now fantastico is not readlily available for a home installation and to be honest I would like to know what I am doing wrong. Assume I have a database named cart, a data base user name root is the following correct. ( i am referring to step 4 of the manual installation)

Database Settings

Database Hostname: localhost

Database Name: root_cart

Database Username: root_cart

Database Password:

Database Prefix: 1

I have checked global.inc

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'root_cart';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'root_cart';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = 'C:\\\\wamp\\\\www\\\\cubecart;

$glob['rootRel'] = '/cc17/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://localhost/cubecart';

?>

I am using wamp but have also tried xampp . both have similar features and both produced the same error properties. I have used phpMyAdmin to check data files on both systems and they do correspond. But they do appear to be different to guidelines provide with the installation one other thing does the database need to be created before installation begins.

I have tried many combos on database username and its associated database. I am sure that this naming of users,databases and joining could be the problem. So please give me a simple explanation of just what to do here. Looking at the forums so many people seem to have this same difficulty ie

#1045 error, access denied for user 'root'@'localhost

I am sure lots of people are coming unstuck in the nomenclature used on this page. Anyone out there who can help the poor innocent that i am would be greatly appreciated.

Guest degsey69

On your home pc as a local server you should be running it as the administrator, on XP thats no a problem on vista you have to physicaly set up as administrator.

The problem I had when I used xampp (which is the best one to use in my opinion) was that I needed to change the file permisions to 777 so that I could use it on my pc server and that why I had to set up as the administrator then change the file permissions. I used vista premium as my o/s, if you using this o/s also, google the procedure to creat the administrator account.

On your home pc as a local server you should be running it as the administrator, on XP thats no a problem on vista you have to physicaly set up as administrator.

The problem I had when I used xampp (which is the best one to use in my opinion) was that I needed to change the file permisions to 777 so that I could use it on my pc server and that why I had to set up as the administrator then change the file permissions. I used vista premium as my o/s, if you using this o/s also, google the procedure to creat the administrator account.

thanks Degsey. I am using xp and not vista. Can't i just use my file properties box to do the same thing as Filezilla does or cubecart equivalent to change attributes or do you somehow need to generate the filepermission numbers as well.

I will assume you have a MySQL database to have your local installation of CC use. Everything is good except for two things:

Database Password / dbpassword: even though you don't state it in your message ( and that's good), be sure you have one.

Database Prefix / dbprefix: This is the string of characters CC will prepend to all table names. You have stated "1" but have not matched that character for dbprefix. A dbprefix is not required but simplifies things if you want to run more than one store from the same database.

Second: If you have not yet created the user "root_cart", do so. In the MySQL administration, give this user the necessary permissions to operate the "root_cart" database.

Third:

$glob['rootDir'] = 'C:\\\\wamp\\\\www\\\\cubecart;

$glob['rootRel'] = '/cc17/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://localhost/cubecart';

rootDir is good and storeURL is good. But rootRel should be '/cubecart/'.

There's not much to setting permission in the XP filesystem. If drive C: is running FAT32, there are no permissions involved. If running NTFS, open the properties page of the 'cubecart' folder and examine the list on the Security tab (that is, if Simple File Sharing is turned off). There should be among the members Internet Guest Account having the necessary permissions. I believe the WAMP installation may have set the WAMP folder and all child objects the correct permission.