Installation of CC4 v4.3.4 error

Guest jpmad4it

Guest jpmad4it

Hi there

I've just successfully installed the newest version of CC4 (v4.3.4).

The front end of the store works fine, but when I navigate to my admin section I get this on the screen:

1|"cubecart trial licence key here"|1256154047|"domain name here"||1253632860

If I refresh the page the last number increments by 1 each time.

I have uploaded all files in binary mode.

The compat-test.php checks out fine too.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? :(

I had cubecart 4 v4.3.3 installed previously on the same server and it worked fine.

Any help is much appreciated.

Anyone at all know what this could be? have I missed something blindingly obvious??

I just wanted to add to this.. I also have a similiar problem. I'm on a trial key though so my problem is that after going to 4.3.4 I get one long line of question marks and extended characters when trying to goto the admin interface.

I was hoping to open up the store today/last night but now I can't do anything and may have to rollback to 4.3.3.

I've tried deleting all files in the cache directory.

I've tried multiple browsers on my end, definitely seems like a serverside issue.

I've checked the error_log, nothing.

To clarify, the characters that I get displayed are about a page and a half wide of ????? and then a page and a half wide of a reversed ? in a black diamond. (this is all on just one line).

Okay, I don't know if this will help you but I've fixed my problem with 4.3.4

My new /admin.php file had a heap of extended ????'s after the closing ?> php tag.

I deleted all the extended ????'s and now my admin interface loads fine.

So for me the problem was the admin.php file was basically corrupted in 4,3,4. And I uploaded the zip file then extracted it, so it couldn't have happened in the transfer.

Luckily just editing out the extended characters seemed to fix the problem for me.

Cheers,

Paul

Guest jpmad4it

hey there,

I was about to reply that I'd seen your problem elsewhere and how to fix it.

Im afraid thats not my problem though! I wish it was that lol!

Still unsure as to what is causing it!

Ah Thanks :(. I thought it may be the same issue causing yours but manifesting itself differently. Seemed too coincidental that both problems were related to trying to get to the admin interface.

One suggestion which is the next step I was going to do (but now have a bunch of other work to do now that my probs fixed), you could try going through the list of code changes that they made in the new version (mostly check the ones related to the admin.php and files that it includes) and see if anything stands out as unusual.

Sorry I can't be more help than that.. I'm still getting up to speed with everything.

Good luck,

Paul

I'm not sure why these question marks are included. It may just be that the file became corrupted when building this latest release. That is not the only file affected. I've also noticed that the SEF URLs for products no longer work if CubeCart is installed within a directory containing a capital letter - e.g: /Store/ instead of /store/

Finally, the reCaptcha is broken when not using the "custom" theme included in V4.3.4. This isn't really a problem if you're using the stock skins. However, if you're using a customized or 3rd party skin, you may encounter problems. The custom reCaptcha theme's HTML is printed from a PHP file. I have no idea why the developers decided to do this. It really just defeats the purpose of a "custom" theme + makes customizing difficult (& goes against the logic-layout separation ethos).

In short, I'd hold off updating to V4.3.4 for the time being.

Guest jpmad4it

I'm not sure why these question marks are included. It may just be that the file became corrupted when building this latest release. That is not the only file affected. I've also noticed that the SEF URLs for products no longer work if CubeCart is installed within a directory containing a capital letter - e.g: /Store/ instead of /store/

Finally, the reCaptcha is broken when not using the "custom" theme included in V4.3.4. This isn't really a problem if you're using the stock skins. However, if you're using a customized or 3rd party skin, you may encounter problems. The custom reCaptcha theme's HTML is printed from a PHP file. I have no idea why the developers decided to do this. It really just defeats the purpose of a "custom" theme + makes customizing difficult (& goes against the logic-layout separation ethos).

In short, I'd hold off updating to V4.3.4 for the time being.

Agreed lol!!

Guest jpmad4it

Sir William tells me that the corruption was fixed some time this afternoon. Nevertheless, the other issues are still present.

I fixed my issue by downloading the tar.gz file, as I initially downloaded the zip.

However, I'm getting JavaScript errors all over the place so I think I'm going to stick with 4.3.3 for now. I had to fix the JS errors in 4.3.3 myself so i don't fancy doing that again for 4.3.4

Sir William tells me that the corruption was fixed some time this afternoon. Nevertheless, the other issues are still present.

I rechecked the .zip and checked the .tgz and both still had the ???????'s in atleast the admin.php file even up until a couple hours ago I'm fairly sure.

And yeah I've since come up with another issue in the product catalogue within the admin control panel.

It doesn't sound like the upgrade was that well tested.

And yeah I've since come up with another issue in the product catalogue within the admin control panel.
Have you reported this in the bug tracker?

I have now, thanks for that.

Hi, an encoded file somehow got corrupt when the packages were exported from the master development server. I have no idea how but we exported them again and all is ok.

Please login to your customer area and download 4.3.4 again. Extract the files and upload the following two files over your existing ones:

admin_enc_ion.php

admin_enc_zend.php

All will then be fine.

Hi, an encoded file somehow got corrupt when the packages were exported from the master development server. I have no idea how but we exported them again and all is ok.

Please login to your customer area and download 4.3.4 again. Extract the files and upload the following two files over your existing ones:

admin_enc_ion.php

admin_enc_zend.php

All will then be fine.

Hi,

This doesn't make sense though. I didn't upload the 2 files mentioned above so the replacing the 2 files won't really help or am I missing something?

Also, just to add to this, I just downloaded the .zip file again and still there are ????????'s in admin.php :)

Yes. product.views.inc.php in admin/sources/stats also has the corruption at the end of the file even in the latest download.

Both files are fine in 433, but 434 still no good.

Who knows how many other files have the ??????'s at the end.

UPDATE:

Just updating my own reply to say to check the other thread that discusses the ????'s as its now been rectified and is only two files. This may however still leave the original topic of this thread as an issue..

Guest Compusatpro

Hello,

The issue was invalid package. You downloaded it in frame of few minutes it was available only because of fixed one provided later. Please download package and delete the one caused issue.

This information was supplied by cubecart support team.

:homestar: