admin.php error after new install

Guest SJF

Hi,

I've just installed CubeCart V4 for the first time and everything (appeared) to go successfully.

I can load my shopfront without any issues, however whenever i run admin.php i get the following on a white background

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????��������������������������ï¿

½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿

½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿

½

No error message or anything shows up, any one have any clues on how to resolve this?

Cheers

Found another file with the corrupted ????'s..

/admin/sources/stats/product.views.inc.php

I really would've thought some staff would've fixed this problem by now. I'm supposed to be trialling the software at the moment and this is looking pretty bad sofar.

Found another file with the corrupted ????'s..

/admin/sources/stats/product.views.inc.php

I really would've thought some staff would've fixed this problem by now. I'm supposed to be trialling the software at the moment and this is looking pretty bad sofar.

The latest zip (downloadable via the customer panel) is not corrupted.

I must be completely dreaming.

Redownloaded the zip file a couple times now (in different browsers to make sure its not cached.. one was even lynx the text based browser). I unarchive the zip file and both the admin.php and the product.views.inc.php both have extended characters at the end of them.

Redownloaded the zip file a couple times now (in different browsers to make sure its not cached.. one was even lynx the text based browser). I unarchive the zip file and both the admin.php and the product.views.inc.php both have extended characters at the end of them.

Try the tar.gz

So whats the procedure in this kind of situation?

Say I do get a new zip file or tar file, how do I know which files need replacing or do I revert back to backups and re-apply new files?

Try the tar.gz

Yep I've tried to tgz file too.

How are you checking the copy that you downloaded to see if those characters are in it?

Some editors/viewers ignore them. If you load them in vi you get a line too long message, if you load them in less you definitely see all the garbage (they coem up as highlighting ^@'s in less)..

The other definite way is the text viewer or editor build into the cpanel file manager, that sees them too and lets you remove them relatively easily.

Cat'ing them in a shell you don't see the characters.

Could it be that you just aren't seeing them in the editor that you're looking at them with?

Thanks for your replies btw :)

Paul

Say I do get a new zip file or tar file, how do I know which files need replacing or do I revert back to backups and re-apply new files?

For a start I'd double check that the new archive you've gotten really has unaffected files, but check it in something that you know will show it like the cpanel filemanager editor etc.

For now I've edited the two files that I mentioned in this thread, and am hanging out for it to be fixed. I don't really want to restore a backup of the database.

If you've definitely got a copy of fixed files, you should be able to just unarchive the files back over and get rid of the setup directory I'm assuming.

For a start I'd double check that the new archive you've gotten really has unaffected files, but check it in something that you know will show it like the cpanel filemanager editor etc.

For now I've edited the two files that I mentioned in this thread, and am hanging out for it to be fixed. I don't really want to restore a backup of the database.

If you've definitely got a copy of fixed files, you should be able to just unarchive the files back over and get rid of the setup directory I'm assuming.

Hi, firstly please allow me to apologise for any inconvenience caused. One of the support guys is able to replicate this when extracting the archived on a Windows machine. On a Mac all the files are fine. I'm not able to replicate this at all.

I'll test extracting the archives in an XP machine to see if I can replicate this... It's weird we have never has an issue such as this before.

I'll post back asap.

Hi, firstly please allow me to apologise for any inconvenience caused. One of the support guys is able to replicate this when extracting the archived on a Windows machine. On a Mac all the files are fine. I'm not able to replicate this at all.

I'll test extracting the archives in an XP machine to see if I can replicate this... It's weird we have never has an issue such as this before.

I'll post back asap.

You can see this on a linux machine by viewing it with 'less', or if you upload it and use cpanel's filemanager you can see it very clearly in the builtin file viewer and file editor.

It's also easy to see in linux with nano..

Is that after the file has been extracted on a windows machine? We actually just performed an install service for a customer by uploading the zip package to cPanel then extracted it from the file manager in cPanel and these files were ok.

This is so weird. Of course there is a reason and I will continue to investigate this.

Is that after the file has been extracted on a windows machine? We actually just performed an install service for a customer by uploading the zip package to cPanel then extracted it from the file manager in cPanel and these files were ok.

This is so weird. Of course there is a reason and I will continue to investigate this.

The checks I'm doing are:

1. Download the zip or tgz from the website straight to my linux machine (laptop)

2. unzip the zip file, or untar/gzip the tgz to a new directory.

3. check the file with nano or less. In vi you can't see the extended chars but you get a line too long type message.

In my case a windows machine has never come into the picture as I don't use windows.

Cheers,

UPDATE:.

I just tested those two files again (the two php files.. admin.php and the product view one)..

1. Downloaded the zip to my linux laptop.

2. Uploaded via file manager to one of my cpanel accounts.

3. Unarchived it through cpanel to a temporary location

4. Checked with the cpanel file manager view and edit and still a heap of extended characters at both of those files.

The ???'s appear in windows xp if you read the files using textpad but not when using notepad.

infact, the source file changes listed on your announcement also shows the ?????'s

The ???'s appear in windows xp if you read the files using textpad but not when using notepad.

infact, the source file changes listed on your announcement also shows the ?????'s

Good spot..

Yes the source changes html file shows when the extended chars were added to those two files. Luckily it looks like its just those two files..

It shows them as ?????????????????'s in the html source changes file..

OK this issue is resolved. We use a piece of software called Coda for development. There was indeed some bad data at the end of the two file that could only be seen with "nano". The file have been cleaned and 4.3.4 has been republished to the customer area.

Please download the packages now and you shoud have no further problems. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

OK this issue is resolved. We use a piece of software called Coda for development. There was indeed some bad data at the end of the two file that could only be seen with "nano". The file have been cleaned and 4.3.4 has been republished to the customer area.

Please download the packages now and you shoud have no further problems. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Yep. Those two files are fine in the latest zip now, thanks.