Print Order Form

When a customer uses the Print Order Form Gateway, the 'printable' Form appears in the same Browser Window from where it was launched. This is very unfriendly (to say the least) as there is no facility to conveniently 'go back' anywhere. I presume this is due to the $formTarget = "_self"; statement in the transfer.inc.php file.

Question 1, is this behaviour (no friendly return to the store) by design, or is my setup missing something?

When I changed the $formTarget = "_self"; to $formTarget = "_blank"; the printable Form does appear in a new Browser Window, but the page it is launched from sits on 'Processing..." with no friendly completion, and is unnescessarily confusing.

Question 2, can I make the Form open in a new Browser Window and have the page it is launched from complete and return to something more sensible such as the Customers Order View, or the Store Home Page for example?

Question 3, Formatting:

The Form is presented (and prints) using the Default Font (Times New Roman?). How can this be changed to a different Font? I have looked through a few of the files (orderForm.php, orderForm.tpl, transfer.inc.php) and even had a quick hack, but to no avail. None of my attempts worked.

Question 2 is the important one. Question 3 would be a good to have but not critical.

Thanks for any help...

C

3. Since the orderForm.tpl is xtpl->parse()'d, I'm going to guess that everything inside the {} gets removed.

Until a better fix is found, do this:

In orderForm.php, near the bottom, before:

$print_order_form->parse("order_form");

add:

$print_order_form->assign("CSS",".copyText {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;} .txtCopyright, a.txtCopyright {color:#FFFFFF; font-size: 6px;}");

Then, in orderForm.tpl, change the lines:

.copyText {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;}

.txtCopyright, a.txtCopyright {color:#FFFFFF; font-size: 6px;}

to:

{CSS}

1. Works that way on mine. I'm working on a way to make it jump back to the home page after the OK/Print button is clicked.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am no expert and this problem of the 'stuck' print order form is bugging me.

I have tried this arrangement and it seems to work in an acceptable way.(although not perfect)

edit PRINT_ORDER_FORM > transfer.inc.php by:

around line 25: change $formTarget = "_self"; to $formTarget = "_blank";

below the last ?> add the line

<html><meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://www.yoururl.co.uk"> </html>

The first change opens the form in a new window (as you have already done)

The second redirects to the home page or wherever.

It might be a good idea to make this page the same one that a successful card order is redirected to. (if I can find it)

There are probably a hundred reasons why this shouldn't be done but hey! it works.

Dave

• 1 year later...