No email when new order placed

Guest jockx

Hi,

I used to recieve an email alerting me to a customer placing an order.

AN OTHER , has recently placed order #090913-170422-9999. This order is pending payment and as a result it should not be fulfilled until you have received the funds in full.

I have noticed recently that I no longer recieve them. I can see that an order has been placed when I log into the admin panel. Not sure what I've done, I'm the only one with Admin access, the only thing I've done recently is send out a newsletter via the Admin panel and upload loads of new products.

When I change the status of the order, all those emails are sent. I've just lost the initial notification email.

Any help would be appreciated.

best regards

Mark

Hi,

AN OTHER , has recently placed order #090913-170422-9999. This order is pending payment and as a result it should not be fulfilled until you have received the funds in full.

I have noticed recently that I no longer recieve them. I can see that an order has been placed when I log into the admin panel. Not sure what I've done, I'm the only one with Admin access, the only thing I've done recently is send out a newsletter via the Admin panel and upload loads of new products.

When I change the status of the order, all those emails are sent. I've just lost the initial notification email.

best regards

Mark

Hi,

I have found this same question posted a number of times, but sadly no one that I can see has ever answered it. Are there any cubecart techies out there that can help please?

Its not my email client that is filtering it out, I've checked and I recieve all other emails. Its just the first one when an order is placed.

Hope someone can help resolve this issue once and for all and help all the others that have posted similiar question.

best regards

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

best regards

Mark

Guest mrchambers

Mark,

I'm hoping this is simple... go to 'General Settings' in admin and scroll down to the 'Styles & Misc' section. Near the bottom look for 'Disable new order alerts?' and ensure it is set to 'No'. If it isn't, that's the problem!

Fingers crossed...

Matt

Mark,

I'm hoping this is simple... go to 'General Settings' in admin and scroll down to the 'Styles & Misc' section. Near the bottom look for 'Disable new order alerts?' and ensure it is set to 'No'. If it isn't, that's the problem!

Fingers crossed...

Matt

Matt you are a genius, I did what you said and it was set to YES, God knows why I dont recall changing any settings. Now I've set to NO and all ok.

Thankyou very much for your help, this has been bugging me for a while.

Best Regards

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ronald Martin

Glad it worked for you. Doesn't work for me. The parameter is set to No. And the customer do get all the other emails including the cancellation one. Just not the original order??? This happened when I upgrade from 4.3.1 to 4.3.4

Guest Ronald Martin

I actually found an entry in the CubeCart bug tracker stating that the order confirmation email has been removed in version 4.3.4. It doesn't make any sense to completely remove it! I understand there is an issue with sending it too early in the process but customers expect a confirmation email. Please put it back ASAP! See below for more information.

http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=1464

Guest Ronald Martin

Update: The confirmation email to customer can very easily be re-enabled in version 4.3.4 by uncommenting that code at the bottom of the /classes/cart/order.php file."

Hope this help someone correcting this 'programming initiative'...

• 2 weeks later...

Update: The confirmation email to customer can very easily be re-enabled in version 4.3.4 by uncommenting that code at the bottom of the /classes/cart/order.php file."

Could you give an example of what to comment out please. I've looked at that file and don't understand a thing about it. It's ridiculous that the customer doesn't get an email confirming the order. I've just tested 4.3.4. with a pay by check order and as admin i received notification but as a customer nothing.

Thanks

David

Guest Roger Huston

Could you give an example of what to comment out please. I've looked at that file and don't understand a thing about it. It's ridiculous that the customer doesn't get an email confirming the order. I've just tested 4.3.4. with a pay by check order and as admin i received notification but as a customer nothing.

Thanks

David

The code that sends the email is in the /classes/cart/order.php.

What we did is combine the order and payment information into the second or payment email. This way, the customers get all the information in one email instead of two.

I agree with the developers decision to comment out the original order email as it was sent out too early in the process. You could get an order email before you have even paid for it.

- Roger