Newbe Help

You might want to add some information to the description of all of your products. If I was a shopper, I'd want to know a lot more about a product than what you are giving me. And when you do add a description, don't type it in all capitals. Makes reading very difficult...

Guest twisted

Pearson WHOLESALE <-- there's your answer right there.

As a "wholesaler", your taget market is, obviously, retailers or resellers.

And anyone looking to buy your products at "wholesale"...likely already knows where they can get it cheaper....namely, from the same place you do.

Look at just about ANY giftware site on the net....what differentiates yours from theirs?

Its not the price....there's cheaper out there....its not the product...there are HUNDREDS of stores selling exactly the same product you're offering...its not the site....you've barely touched the default cubecart dsign.

Another thing to remember...is that your "hits"....aren't.

Or rather, they are not a true reflection of the number of visitors to your site, but rather, the number of page views your site has received. So if a single visitor looks at 20 - 30 pages and your site is boasting 69,000 "hits"...that could be as few as 2300, or less, unique visitors.

Sorry if this sounds harsh...but you did ask.

Thanks I never thought about it like that twisted. I guess I am targeting the wrong group.

I am updateing my key words and meta tags tonight do you think i could do better with a domain like www.pearsonwarehouse.com?

I have to say I'm a bit confused myself.

Are you a wholesaler or a retailer or both?

The site implies that you are strictly a wholesaler, but the prices reflect a regular price and a sale price which means you are a retailer.

If you are a retailer selling at wholesale prices you need to make an adjustment.

Just as an fyi, some of your product descrips say smc exclusive where smc is supposed to be excluded from all public sales information as I understand it. Your customers won't know exactly what this means and if they do they may as well go to the source. :P

Guest twisted

www.pearsonwarehouse.com would be just as confusing.

It doesn't really say what you do...from that name, you could be a construction company that builds warehouses (although obviously if someone searches for "gifts" and your name comes up, that's a different matter), but at first glance, the name doesn;t say WHAT you warehouse.

A good name should always tell the customer right off the bat what you sell, or at least hint at it.

Something like PearsonGiftWarehouse.com ... for example.

Don't despair....I hear there are some very successful SMC re-sellers. And you seem to be getting reasonable traffic to your site, so your doing something right with the search engines. :)]

I would also suggest doing something to "spruce up" the site.

I would also suggest doing something to "spruce up" the site.

I'm sure there are some good designers for cubecart in the forum. I highly recommend Twisted. He put a new look on our site and did an excellent job in customer service.

Witness Cards

:)