Opinions on quality of support and help after purchasing CC 4?

melemel

I am almost certainly going to buy Cubecart 4 in the next couple of days, despite having problems with it so far (with my trial) i feel it meets my needs perfectly - IF I can get it working and keep it that way.

So, to those of you have already bought Cube Cart 4..

What are your opinions on the quality and speed of the support you get after purchase? When you buy support credits do they count one credit as seeing you through step by step to the resolution of your problem, or do you get a vague answer and that uses up one credit? I ask because if the knowledge base is anything to go by it does not inspire much confidence!

I guess i am scared to purchase it because it IS a little buggy, and i want to know that at least if i take the plunge I will have help if it goes wrong.

Thanks

I had to use support the other day via the support credit system, the response was extremely quick and a fix was implemented within an hour or so. It cost me 1 credit so I believe 1 credit will fix one issue from start to finish.

One thing that is important with CubCart is that you use good compatible hosting as cheap incompatible hosting leads to issues.

There is a good community here and over at cubecart.org where eventually you should get help if someone is able.

I had to use support the other day via the support credit system, the response was extremely quick and a fix was implemented within an hour or so. It cost me 1 credit so I believe 1 credit will fix one issue from start to finish.

One thing that is important with CubCart is that you use good compatible hosting as cheap incompatible hosting leads to issues.

There is a good community here and over at cubecart.org where eventually you should get help if someone is able.

Thank you Ausy - that reassuring to know. I wouldnt want to have to rely on these forums because although they are great for searching, ive not had a reply to any of my queries and theres no telling how long it can take to find the answer to problems on your own.

Howdy....

I'm new to CC4, but have been doing ecommerce since 1995.

So far, tech support has been great on our initial install.... they have helped sort out some issues with PayPal (the PTD must be on, not off, as it says in their knowledgebase). I've also found some layout bugs in Estelles templates, but she also helped me fix a bug with IE8 (hers not mine).

So far, I've been happy that somebody was there to reply to my "what the heck" stuff as I'm not a newbie (we own two full super powered servers in a class-A datacenter, so we be pretty hep on whassup with the normal kind of stuff).

Our setup is weirder than most because we sell services, mostly to companies, and the default mindset behind CubeCart is more mainstream for products to be shipped, and consumer stuff.

A few bugs have popped up, like I just ran into an issue with creating a long FAQs page, and the system times out if I try to save the page after a certain length (think 16 questions with long winded answers). It's also a bit wonky to have a "Company" option on the payment/registration page, but then not send that company name to the gateways, or print it on the email receipts (I managed to hack the printable receipt template, but the variables used on the HTML don't work on the emails...).

But you know, for the price, you can't beat it. Considering something like this used to cost $1500, and use all kinds of custom scripting languages, or annual licenses, or you could only host it on their server (not talking about CC) ... this has been pretty painless over the past month of on/off setup.

So.... depending on your skill level and expectations, it's worth trying out. :-)

Chris