Customers getting failed payment notice

KyBabyCakes

Hi, I am not sure if something changed today with pay pal but all of my clients are reporting that their customers are being directed to the failed payment page after paying with pay pal. It just started to day and is affecting all of my clients using version 3 and pay pal standard or ipn. All of the payments have been succesful through pay pal but are not processing and the customers are directed to the failed payment page.

I noticed that something happended with the Pro and Express today and was wondering if it could be related. Does anyone have a clue as to how to fix it or what needs to change in the Pay Pal module to correct this???

Help, please!

B

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SweetNightshade

I'm having the exact same issue. This is a real problem that's affecting my ability to get my employer's site off the ground. Can anyone help?

• 1 month later...

can someone please sort this problem out as my customers are gettin confused

i ge emails asking me to confimr that i have there money ????

they keep sayin its failed

• 1 month later...
Guest barrypoore

I managed to fix this annoying issue, there is a function called "success" on line 77 of 'includes/content/confirmed.inc.php' that was returning the wrong value and so showed the "Failed" message even though the order was a success.

This was using the PayPal gateway.

THE FIX

open up 'modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php' => line 128 function success();

Look at where the query starts at line 134;

change "$result = $db->query (or something similar, forgot what it was now but something like this)" to "$result = mysql_query"

then get rid of the bit underneath and swap it for :

$i = mysql_fetch_assoc($sql);

if($i['status']==2){

it will now return the correct value which is "2" on success.

Sorry I can't remeber how it was before but I did it a while ago but you should be able to follow it, it's quite simple!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Pav250874

I managed to fix this annoying issue, there is a function called "success" on line 77 of 'includes/content/confirmed.inc.php' that was returning the wrong value and so showed the "Failed" message even though the order was a success.

This was using the PayPal gateway.

THE FIX

open up 'modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php' => line 128 function success();

Look at where the query starts at line 134;

change "$result = $db->query (or something similar, forgot what it was now but something like this)" to "$result = mysql_query"

then get rid of the bit underneath and swap it for :

$i = mysql_fetch_assoc($sql);

if($i['status']==2){

it will now return the correct value which is "2" on success.

Sorry I can't remeber how it was before but I did it a while ago but you should be able to follow it, it's quite simple!!!

This doesn't seem to work - still comes back to the store saying "Sorry, your order failed!" but with the message that "mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL"

It would help if you told us more details on how you got this working please

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Renaissance

Has the issue been resolved by that fix or not ?

Ive been having this very same problem

Not sure if this helps but I was experiencing the same issue a few weeks ago and figured out (with Estelle from Estelle's Mods) the problem was with my e-mail. The e-mail that I had as my default Paypal e-mail address was different than the e-mail I had on my Cubecart cart.

Even though I had the e-mail listed as one of my e-mails in Paypal, I had to change it to the default e-mail so it would match up when the shopping cart links up to Paypal. It's a really small thing but as soon as I changed this my orders stopped getting the "failed payment" message after customers paid via Paypal.

Hope this helps somebody out there :sourcerer: .

• 1 month later...

Has the issue been resolved by that fix or not ?

Ive been having this very same problem

Not sure if this helps but I was experiencing the same issue a few weeks ago and figured out (with Estelle from Estelle's Mods) the problem was with my e-mail. The e-mail that I had as my default Paypal e-mail address was different than the e-mail I had on my Cubecart cart.

Even though I had the e-mail listed as one of my e-mails in Paypal, I had to change it to the default e-mail so it would match up when the shopping cart links up to Paypal. It's a really small thing but as soon as I changed this my orders stopped getting the "failed payment" message after customers paid via Paypal.

Hope this helps somebody out there :sourcerer: .

THANKS so much!!!! I've been fighting this for the past week and just found your post. I went into PAYPAY and changed my primary email to the same email as my cubecart email And just tried to place an order again, and it WORKED!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I'm going to post on the thread i started that Jason was helping me with. You've made my day, maybe my month. Now I can get on to the customizing Did I say thanks again? :sourcerer:

Can someone clarify what emails we are talking about here?

I have what I think is the same problem.

Cart goes through to Paypal, PP takes the money, click back to CC and find an error saying the order failed.

CC has the order, PP has the money.

I can't see why CC would compare the emails. Comparing the TLD of the email would make some sense but not the whole thing.

I have [email protected] as my CC contact mail and [email protected] as my PP address.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same problem. I am using Paypal IPN as I have digital downloads, and I can not get paypal to return to the store without "order failed" and leaving the order status pending inside the admin control area. I have both my emails matching in Paypal and CC. I have multiple accounts in Paypal and confirmed the correct email that I used in CC and still a no go.

I was also doing "test mode" for paypal, but I can't test a live transaction because paypal says I can't use the same email addresses from cubecart/paypal for a transaction. How do you do a live transaction? lol

I'm having the exact same issue. This is a real problem that's affecting my ability to get my employer's site off the ground. Can anyone help?

its the paypal you need to go to your paypal acount and click on profile in the selling preferances click on website selling preferances Encrypted Website Payments turn to off althought your site should be in ssl this allows paypal to reset its self into its own ssl to take payment from your customer

johnc

valjc

Hi, I am not sure if something changed today with pay pal but all of my clients are reporting that their customers are being directed to the failed payment page after paying with pay pal. It just started to day and is affecting all of my clients using version 3 and pay pal standard or ipn. All of the payments have been succesful through pay pal but are not processing and the customers are directed to the failed payment page.

I noticed that something happended with the Pro and Express today and was wondering if it could be related. Does anyone have a clue as to how to fix it or what needs to change in the Pay Pal module to correct this???

Help, please!

B

Hi

Its the paypal you need to go to your paypal acount and click on profile in the selling preferances click on website selling preferances Encrypted Website Payments turn to off althought your site should be in ssl this allows paypal to reset its self into its own ssl to take payment from your customer. It took us 2 years to find that out from paypal

johnc

valjc