View Larger Image

Guest jockx

Hi,

I am creating a cubecart website, using kitablue skin. When I select a category from the menu I am displayed those items as thumbnails. When I click on one of those items I am presented with a larger picture and more product information. What I would like to do is click on the larger picture again to make it even bigger so you can see the design on the T Shirt better. I didn't want to just upload a larger image to the product information page as I think it looks too big. I wanted my customers to have the option, if they wanted to view larger then click on it for a larger image to pop up.

I have seen there there is a lightbox thingy in cubecart, from what I can gather it would do exactly what I'm after except I only have one image per item. Does anyone know exactly what I would need to do to get this "view larger" option working for only one image?

I have just downloaded Cubecart V4 so its the very latest version. The site I'm working on is called www.bearclobber.com.

Would I need to load up two different sized versions of the same image. I know it automatically creates a thumbnail from the picture I currently upload, I assume to get a bigger picture to popup when the main picture is clicked I would need to load another bigger picture and somehow that is linked to the main picture.

Hope someone can help, any responses would have to be quite detailed with instructions as I'm very new to all this.

best regards

Mark

The main image in the product view is not clickable and without file modification its not possible. The best way if you only have one image per product is to upload two photo's as you say, one with the correct size for the image in the product view and the other one in the large size. Enable lightbox feature and add the large image through the product inventory (admin-view products) When you view the product in the front end it will show the main image and a smaller thumbnail below under the title "image gallery". You can change the wording of image gallery to "To view a larger product image, click the image below" or something like that. You can change the text through Admin, languages, en, front end phrases, content, view product, where you will see the text you need to change. You may also need to change the setting for 'max image size' which is under GD in Admin - General Settings before you upload larger images.