Problems with firefox and chrome

Guest turnstonepatiocentre

Hi all. I have recently set up a cubecart store for the first time, currently using v4.3.7.

I am using caretta lush green skin by green elephant. everything was displayed fine in IE7. In Firefox and chrome there are some slight display problems. the same problems appeared in IE8 until i used the compatability view.

I have attached a picture so you can see the differences. Top half of the picture is firefox and bottom half is with IE8.

I havent got a clue where to start with this problem as i am new to this.

All help much appreciated

You should speak to the people that supplied the skin.

Is it just a Caretta skin with colour changes?

If so I would compare the files with the stock caretta skin and apply the changes.

Hi.

Yes it is just a caretta skin with colour changes. just tried standard caretta skins and they are fine in IE8 and firefox.

What files would i need to compare between the two skins?

Thanks for your help

The files in the styleSheets folder, if that doesnt fix it the the files in the styleTemplates folder.

I think I have managed to fix the alignment problem now seemed to be a line missing from style.css.

What i cant seem to find is how to change the text colour in the buttons on the right hand side of the picture.

The text in these buttons was originally white but i changed them all to black with a little trial and error and all was fine in IE7, cant understand why they would change colour with a different browser.

any ideas

I think I have managed to fix the alignment problem now seemed to be a line missing from style.css.

What i cant seem to find is how to change the text colour in the buttons on the right hand side of the picture.

The text in these buttons was originally white but i changed them all to black with a little trial and error and all was fine in IE7, cant understand why they would change colour with a different browser.

any ideas

The text colour for those buttons is likely to be in the styles.css under general buttons or look for, a.txtButton and a.txtButton:hover

The text colour for those buttons is likely to be in the styles.css under general buttons or look for, a.txtButton and a.txtButton:hover

It was the style.css that i changed originally to get black text. Just checked through it again and all text colours are #000000.

Really dont understand how a browser can actually change the colour of something

Thanks again for all your help

It was the style.css that i changed originally to get black text. Just checked through it again and all text colours are #000000.

Really dont understand how a browser can actually change the colour of something

Thanks again for all your help

I've Cracked it, they were in current.css the one file i never looked at :)