Fast Food Takeaway?

TDLWebs

Hi,

I've built a couple of sites using CC3 and it has worked very well for me, so I am not completely new to CC. However, I have been asked to design a new site for a fast food restaurant to facilitate online ordering and I would like to use CC4 if possible. I expect that there might be quite a lot of orders on a daily basis and I am keen to find the best solution for my client.

Can any of the experts here give me any advice? Will CC4 be suitable?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

T

Guest Brivtech

You may have problems with getting the order notifications in time. You will need to have someone checking for orders literally every 5 minutes all night long. I considered this as a solution, but it was too difficult for my client to maintain.

Yes, that's what I was concerned about. Seems I'll have to look elsewhere :(

Any suggestions?

T

This just depends on how fast your email client checks mail. I use Opera browser/mail and have it set to check every two minutes. If you have a sound file play and email checking each minute, this may work.

Yes, that's what I was concerned about. Seems I'll have to look elsewhere :(

Any suggestions?

T

This just depends on how fast your email client checks mail. I use Opera browser/mail and have it set to check every two minutes. If you have a sound file play and email checking each minute, this may work.

Or if they use Outlook (in some form), set a rule to play a tune if they receive email from a specific email address.

Or if they use Outlook (in some form), set a rule to play a tune if they receive email from a specific email address.

So, to sum up: Provided the client can take responsibility for checking email order notifications CC4 could be suitable?

T

So, to sum up: Provided the client can take responsibility for checking email order notifications CC4 could be suitable?

T

I think only yourself and your client can make that decision.

T

I think only yourself and your client can make that decision.

I have built an order site for my restaurant but have not yet implemented or opened the site for orders. I had this same question a couple of years back and learned that when an order arrives to the inbox I could have it immediately print in the restaurant. I'll need to check my notes on this but that is my recollection. I'd be interested in your comments on my site which again, is not open for orders, tasteefingers.com -Mike

I checked my notes and found this product which I believe solves a key link in making this work. I haven't set this up or used the product so its just an idea:

http://www.namtuk.com/autoprintemail.aspx