New to cart solutions and web building

Hello,

I am new to the whole building of e commerce solutions and have been lost for the last couple weeks figuring out what to do. I have a site that I am trying to add a shopping cart to: www.LoveThatTie.com

At first I tried zencart but it was too complicated. I then thought it would be a good idea to buy a finished software product but then I ran in cubecart. I watched a video on youtube for the general setting and it seems pretty straight forward. My site is hosted through Justhost.com. I set up a template and put up pictures through justhost. Now my first question is how do I add the shopping cart to the site? I have added some products to cubecart through my admin screen but what do i do next?

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I am new to the whole building of e commerce solutions and have been lost for the last couple weeks figuring out what to do. I have a site that I am trying to add a shopping cart to: www.LoveThatTie.com

At first I tried zencart but it was too complicated. I then thought it would be a good idea to buy a finished software product but then I ran in cubecart. I watched a video on youtube for the general setting and it seems pretty straight forward. My site is hosted through Justhost.com. I set up a template and put up pictures through justhost. Now my first question is how do I add the shopping cart to the site? I have added some products to cubecart through my admin screen but what do i do next?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to CubeCart. I'm a little confused. You said you've already added some products through admin, however just before you asked how to add the cart to your site? can you be more specific about exactly you've done so far, and what you want to accomplish now? Have you installed CubeCart? If not, here is some installation documentation on the third-party products and services site.

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to CubeCart. I'm a little confused. You said you've already added some products through admin, however just before you asked how to add the cart to your site? can you be more specific about exactly you've done so far, and what you want to accomplish now? Have you installed CubeCart? If not, here is some installation documentation on the third-party products and services site.

Sorry for being confusing. I have installed cubecart. What Im wondering is why my site http://www.lovethattie.com/index.php?p=1_5_All-Ties- looks different from http://lovethattie.com/home/index.php. Where should I be focused on buidling my site? through justhost or through cubecart? how do i incorporate the shopping cart and checkout buttons under the pictures?

It is different because it is two seperate stores in two seperate directories.

One is in the root and the other is in root/home.

ok, so which one should i be using? cant i integrate the two?

I think there is no reason to integrate the two. Unless you have two separate databases, either store will function correctly. (You may need to copy unique images from one to the other.)

I like the custom skin you have on the homepage. Not so much on the other pages.

ok, so say i were to use www.lovethattie.com, how do i add a shopping cart to that?

Had a quick look and can see that you do have CubeCart installed and your using the standard Classic Skin. To incorporate your www.lovethattie.com website design to CubeCart platform you will most probably need to convert your theme to be compatible. You can do this yourself if you have some knowledge of html/css and/or you can hire the services of a Designer at the cubecartOrg Forums.

Andrea