SSL/Empty Basket problems update.

Guest sean1985

Guest sean1985

After 4 months Im still getting alot of empty baskets, I ve tried all suggestion, bug fixes etc.

Then I found the culprit "step1" of the checkout process, Heres what happened:

Once customer clicks "checkout" to go to "step1" they are almost always met with the "empty basket message".

However, if you then click "back" in your browser and click "checkout" again it works perfectly, then the whole checkout process works 100% of the time.

So in summary once you get past step1, it always works (in my case, at least).

But obviously each customer cant be expected to do this each time, so I tries estelles skip step1 mod.

Which works fine until the customer completes the registration form, once "submit and continue" is clicked then the customer is redirected to the homepage and the basket gets stuck in a loop.

So then I tried it without SSL and it works perfectly evertime in all browsers, I then found this article:

https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?_m=k...;kbarticleid=30

That states that certain server setups will not work with cubecart under SSL. As as a result of this test our website failed

But my question now is, does anyone know what changes to make to the hosting/server setup in order for this to work?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Cheap Sat Nav

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same problem.

Under SSL, a customer will get to the login page, enter their details. Once they hit 'Submit' or 'login' they will then be direted to an empty basket.

This loop will continue until I disable the SSL.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Steve

www.teetshirts.com

• 11 months later...

I am having this problem and it is getting right on my last nerve, I have had at least 10 customers contact me in the last 48 hours and say they cannot add to there basket and I have to email them with instructions on how to clear their cache in their browser. Why should they? the cart should work. I am running 4.4.3 everything is up to date. I have sent a support ticket and been advised that they can't help if they can't replicate the problem. I have spent many hours reading the forums and all I get is confused. My customers are mostly older women and some of them are terrified to fiddle with settings in there computers so I can't keep telling them to do stuff they are not comfortable with. And what about the ones that just go away and don't bother, they no doubt make a mental note never to return to my website. This is just ridiculous and needs to be fixed. If my configurations are somehow wrong how do I work out how to fix them.

I was looking at cubecart 5 and considering upgrading when it gets here but I doubt I will be forking out any more of my money on cubecart if I can't get what I have already paid for to work as it should.

I have this same problem.

Under SSL, a customer will get to the login page, enter their details. Once they hit 'Submit' or 'login' they will then be direted to an empty basket.

This loop will continue until I disable the SSL.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Steve

www.teetshirts.com

Are you using a shared SSL certificate or a dedicated one ?

Many hosting environments are not 100% compatible with CubeCart - one example of this is the way that many deal with SSL certificates

Your only choice is to find a hosting company that guarantees 100% compatibility with CubeCart and will support any issues that you may have !

Regards

Ian