Customizing Main page and layout!

Guest fosco

Hi

Open skins>YOUR SKIN>styleTemplates>global>index.tpl in an editor such as Ultra Edit or Expression Web, or whatever. Find {CURRENCY} AND {INFO} in the code and delete them, including the curly brackets. You may need to rearrange the other elements to balance up the boxes as they are found under colLeft and colRight and you may end up with more boxes on one side than the other. Alternately, you may want all the boxes on one side depending on your design.

Hope that helps

Lee

Hi

Open skins>YOUR SKIN>styleTemplates>global>index.tpl in an editor such as Ultra Edit or Expression Web, or whatever. Find {CURRENCY} AND {INFO} in the code and delete them, including the curly brackets. You may need to rearrange the other elements to balance up the boxes as they are found under colLeft and colRight and you may end up with more boxes on one side than the other. Alternately, you may want all the boxes on one side depending on your design.

Hope that helps

Lee

Brilliant thanks for your help.

Do you know how i add another category, with links instead into these locations. Thank you

Hi

I'm not sure I quite follow what it is your after, but I think you mean have a new box in place of where the currency and Info boxes where? Here is a link for a PDF on manipulating boxes. It is actually for CC3 but it should work for CC4 too. << Third-party link removed >>. Or, if you are quite comfortable with editing the templates in a web design program or such like you could edit the index.tpl in styleTemplates>global and create a new Div and position it where you need and insert your own content.

Regards

Lee

Edited by Robsta
Please note the rules on posting links to third-party stores/downloads.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting rid of currency menu and information menu etc.

It'd be appreciated thank you.

James

There are lots of resources in the third-party site, including documentation on customising CubeCart.