Jump to content

CANT ORDER SOME PRODUCTS NUT CAN OTHERS!


Guest monkeymrtee
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest monkeymrtee

Hi Folks...

I put a post up about this under a different heading a few months ago and at that time thought I had solved the problem but low and behold it is back.....

For some reason when you click on certain products on my site the server hangs for a bit then just comes up with this error message:

500 Internal Server Error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator.

When you click the button it should, like all the other products go through to the main screen for that product and then go on and allow you to order but as i said certain products will not allow this to happen. This is happening more and more now with new products added to the list...

I have tried repairing the database in the Maintenance section and also I have updated everything under the rebuild & recount section all with no solution...

Please can someone help me before I go stark raving bonkers, I dont realy want to do a complete re-build...

Cheers

Craig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Folks...

I put a post up about this under a different heading a few months ago and at that time thought I had solved the problem but low and behold it is back.....

For some reason when you click on certain products on my site the server hangs for a bit then just comes up with this error message:

500 Internal Server Error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator.

When you click the button it should, like all the other products go through to the main screen for that product and then go on and allow you to order but as i said certain products will not allow this to happen. This is happening more and more now with new products added to the list...

I have tried repairing the database in the Maintenance section and also I have updated everything under the rebuild & recount section all with no solution...

Please can someone help me before I go stark raving bonkers, I dont realy want to do a complete re-build...

Cheers

Craig

can you give me some items to check to see if I get the same result? also, have you added any new mods of late, or made any changes anywhere?

I'm not saying I can fix it :) but I can try to help you troubleshoot if you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest monkeymrtee

Thanks foy your help, any help much appreciated... I have not changed or amended the site at all since it was first set up nearly 12mths ago the only thins I have done are listed in my original post.

Please see below 3 links to 3 different products I am having problems with...

Please also be aware that this is not a public site, as you will see when you follow the links

http://www.craigpauldesign.co.uk/endsleigh...p;Submit=%C2%A0

http://www.craigpauldesign.co.uk/endsleigh...p;Submit=%C2%A0

http://www.craigpauldesign.co.uk/endsleigh...p;Submit=%C2%A0

Cheers

Craig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I'm lucky to get to another page, it is generally a 500 error page. I can get into most of the categories, but not any products so far.

What if you set up a fresh install in a separate test folder, had it use the same database, and see if you stil hav the problems. If you did, I would start to wonder about server resources.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest monkeymrtee

I have installed CC again in a fresh test folder using the same DB but not sure I totally understood what you werw trying to get me to do... I have installed the new version as i said on the same DB but none of the products have gone over to the new site, have i done something wrong... Having said this when i added a new product to the fresh install shop it works fine...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

is the new store using a prefix added on to the tables? same database, different tables maybe?

Your includes/global.inc.php file will show if it is. If so, you can remove the value for the prefix.

Then you can see how the fresh install functions with all your products in it. If it still runs poorly, then it's not the cart or database. If it's running better, then it's something to do with the coding in your current cart. At which point you might want to decide if it's worth the trouble trying to find the problem, or if you should rebuild in the fresh install.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...