(1) Popular products removal (2) configure customer order email

Guest Gypsy

(1) Can the "Popular Products" section be removed? If so, please advise how.

(2) Can't see where to edit email sent to customer upon ordering and the thank you page upon ordering.

(3) How to edit "Payment" page as I want to remove "preferred payment method" since there is only one payment method (no options) and ;I'd like to edit the Payment page where the comment box says "your comments", I would like to change that one line.

Any help is much appreciated!!

1. In the file \skins\YOUR_SKIN\styleTemplates\global\index.tpl, look for {POPULAR PRODUCTS}. You can delete that.

2. In the file \language\YOUR_LANG\lang.inc.php, look for $lang['front']['orderSuccess'] (close to line 2250). Do NOT change the number or sequence of %s variable placeholders. Please reply if you wish more explanation of the sprintf() statement.

1. In the file \skins\YOUR_SKIN\styleTemplates\global\index.tpl, look for {POPULAR PRODUCTS}. You can delete that.

2. In the file \language\YOUR_LANG\lang.inc.php, look for $lang['front']['orderSuccess'] (close to line 2250). Do NOT change the number or sequence of %s variable placeholders. Please reply if you wish more explanation of the sprintf() statement.

#1 Wow! Worked like a dream... you are FANTASTIC!! Thank you for your excellent help. :)

#2 I located the specified file and changed the text I wanted to change -- it worked great also (thank you!)

Not fully understanding what to do about removing the payment method option.

Question: Do I delete the entire line stating:

"choose_method' => "Please choose your preferred payment method:",

And how do I make the two little radio buttons below that line go away?

Any and all help is very appreciated!! Thanx ~ G

There are mods over at www.cubecartforums.org that *should* convert your store to "catalog" mode (no prices, no checkout). I'm not sure if that's what you wanted. If not, there is a mod that will take the customer directly to the payment page with no need to select payment method, as you say, there is only one payment method.

Having bypassed the select payment page, I think the ability for the customer to leave comments *may* be lost. Not sure. Poke around for mods.

Thank you for the reply.

No, I do not need "catalog" mode as I do want prices and checkout.

The problem with the two radio buttons is that there's nothing to indicate what they are for. There's a line above it that says to select payment option, and then the two buttons, but .... no idea of which one is for what.

Since there are no payment options, other than to pay via PayPal, it would make more since to not offer an option that doesn't exist.

Also of interest, if one or the other is not selected, it will not move forward with the checkout process.

But now I'm getting a "fatal error / PayPal Error" upon checking out, so that's going to take priority and I'll worry about the extra radio button after I get the check-out working (I'm going to search the forum and, if not found, will post again, but about the PayPal Error).

Thank you for your time and please know I greatly appreciate the help you have provided.