PayPal/ipn.php

Guest flowerz

Guest flowerz

Hi.

I don’t know if this is the right area to post this but

Can anyone help with this supposed problem?

I got this email from paypal this morning,

{Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal }

What I can’t understand is everything is working fine with the shop, all emails arriving both to customers & to myself also payments going in to paypal account fine.

Pam

i have had this problem too? any ideas anyone? i havent had any succesful paypal payments in a couple of days,, since i got the same email as you?

mrdave

Guest flowerz

Yes this is really a strange one!

I still have not found what is causing it, I have been going around in circles since yesterday,

I contacted my service provider they say it is cubecart problem,

I also contacted PayPal for more information on the problem, they have not bothered to get back to me at all, I expect they want me to phone the that will be at international rate I don’t think so,

Its like I said in my first post everything on the store is working fine the emails are all going out as intended & digital delivery is working fine with customers all getting the emails with download links intact,

I am starting to get really fed up with the lot of it & thinking is it all worth the trouble!

I have now shut my shop until I can find out what the problem is :(

Pam

I have been on the paypal forum someone there had the same problem,the answer was to remove

http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php

from your paypal web payments preferences,have done this see what happens, have done test purchase everything worked ok was taken back to my web site after purchase.

Same as you service provider said cc problem.Also they said they checked distribution copy of CC v4 and there is no ipn.php file in it.

Guest flowerz

Hi Spany,

Funny you should say about the distribution copy of CC v4 not having ipn.php file in it,

I did notice this but I have always been using V4 with no problems So why is paypal now picking up on a non existent file,

It is very strange,

I did tern off the ipn function on PayPal & the test sales from my site all went through correctly so maybe we don’t need it turned on at all?

Pam

Guest flowerz

Can anyone please explain?

Cubecart V3 has

In - modules\gateway\PayPal

Ipn.php

Transfer.inc.php

Cubecart V4 has

In - modules\gateway\PayPal

Index.php

Call.ink.php

Transfer.inc.php

Process.ink.php

So cubecart 4 has not got a modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php at all am I correct thinking this?

so when setting up your ipn instant payment notification in paypal

What do people with V4 put in the Notification URL area?

as this is seems to be what paypal keep harping on about in the emails,

Help please

Pam

Guest Ian.Plumb

I have this issue and now I have an Order that went to a status of Cancelled after the Paypal payment was made. The money is there in Paypal. Anyone else seen that?

Regards,

Guest sampleoidz

I now have the same problem the day after updating to the lates cc4 version.

I have this issue and now I have an Order that went to a status of Cancelled after the Paypal payment was made. The money is there in Paypal. Anyone else seen that?

Regards,

I have had this problem ever since upgrading to the latest cubecart version 4 , and today I had 3 paid and cleared paypal transations go to pending, this is not good , we need a fix ASAP.

Guest sampleoidz

Guys,

Log into your paypal account, goto Account Instant Payment Notification and change the URL to:

http://www.your-store/index.php

Make sure you change the "your-store" part tho!

Just tried it , i will let you know how it goes

b

This sucks I am using cc4 and this has not fixed my issue , is there actually any support on cc4 because this thead is getting old without a solution, In the past I have paid for support and still did not get my problem solved, cubecart if your reading this please get it together!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Rselbo

Was made to upgrade to the latest gateway due to 3D Secure implementation. We're now suffering the same problem. Payments going through but reporting as failed, sitting at Pending, or just Cancelled etc.

Have tried the above fix of removing the old IPN address from PayPal account. Will report back

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Crystal Dragon

I am having the same problem, really annoying have tried the above solution hope it works

This has not worked sold another item and the shopping cart was not notified. The money is in my PayPal account but the cart is still pending. I am lucky so far no-one has purchased a downloadable product. So the customers are not aware of a problem. I must say this is really a screw up. It must be something in the cubecart program as version 3 notification worked fine. just seems to be version 4.

• 2 weeks later...

It turns out that you do not need to setup IPN on cubecart version 4.2.1 or greater. The IPN is already setup and needs no configuration. However if you want the payment status updated you must enable Payment Data Transfer in your Paypal Account. I found this in the knowledge base.

https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?_m=k...;kbarticleid=56

Cheers!