MySQL error 1045 when trying to install cc3

Z2Dave

I know this has been covered somewhere else but I can't find it despite spending hours looking.

When I create a new database (using Jersey Joe's tutorial on a thumbdrive) and then start to install cc3 I get to page 3 and then when I try to go to page 4 the following error shows:-

MySQL Error Occured

1045: Access denied for user '*****_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Is there anyone that could help me through this with full instructions please.

If you know the user/pass is correct, then make sure you actually have a MySQL user with those credentials installed in the database manager.

It could also be the case that the step that processes the info on page three requires access to the database manager as root. Were you entering the user/pass of the expected CubeCart database user instead of the database manager user/pass?

Thanks for reply.

It's more simple than that. I have created a database using EasyPHP/PHPAdmin with a name and password and that's it.

From Jersey Joe he say:-

"1) create the database

2) add a user name / password for that database

3) actually ADD THE USER to that database. The form for doing that is simply not clear about the need to do that".

The article that I can't find explains how to do item 3 in EasyPHP/PHPAdmin. That's the information I desperately need.

Sorry if I wasn't clear first time.