removal of Paypal payment button

Guest davidlomax

Guest davidlomax

I have two options to check out of my shop, 'Place Order Now' which uses takes me successfully to a Paypal Pro checkout module, or a large button which says 'Check Out With Paypal' which messes up my customers checkout process!

You can see the button here:

4375974161_478bcee3bf_o.jpg

The name of the button file is btn_xpressCheckout.gif

I need to remove the button and the text above it that says '- or-' ASAP but am unsure where to locate it or how to stop the link from working. I have serched for the file name above but seem unable to find it on my system?!

Can anyone give me some info to help me in the correct direction.

Many Thanks,

Dave

I have two options to check out of my shop, 'Place Order Now' which uses takes me successfully to a Paypal Pro checkout module, or a large button which says 'Check Out With Paypal' which messes up my customers checkout process!

I need to remove the button and the text above it that says '- or-' ASAP but am unsure where to locate it or how to stop the link from working. I have serched for the file name above but seem unable to find it on my system?!

Many Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave

The button you're referring to is the *AltCheckout Modules* and this can be configured in the back of admin.

Go to

Modules > Payment Methods and turn it off *disable*

Hope that helps.

Andrea :(

Guest davidlomax

Many Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave

The button you're referring to is the *AltCheckout Modules* and this can be configured in the back of admin.

Go to

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I can get to the module you describe perfectly, but if I turn it off all options to pay by PayPal Pro disappear. Its an odd situation, if I click on the images I have highlighted in red on the picture above (the big yellow PayPal button) my customers are taken straight to the PayPal site and all their order info is lost. If they use the 'Place Order' button all is fine as I am taken to another page altogether which offers either credit card payment options (still through PayPal Pro) or a direct paypal account payment.

I feel that removing the lower button graphically, or disabling the link is the fastest way to solve the issue. But as I stated above, I can't seem to find where the image is stored or the link is to be found in HTML.

Any ideas?

Dave

Guest ppc229w

should be in skin/styletemplates/content/cart.tpl

as {IMG_CHECKOUT_ALT} this is the paypal button.

Many Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave

Go to

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I can get to the module you describe perfectly, but if I turn it off all options to pay by PayPal Pro disappear. Its an odd situation, if I click on the images I have highlighted in red on the picture above (the big yellow PayPal button) my customers are taken straight to the PayPal site and all their order info is lost. If they use the 'Place Order' button all is fine as I am taken to another page altogether which offers either credit card payment options (still through PayPal Pro) or a direct paypal account payment.

I feel that removing the lower button graphically, or disabling the link is the fastest way to solve the issue. But as I stated above, I can't seem to find where the image is stored or the link is to be found in HTML.

Any ideas?

Dave

• 2 months later...
Guest itsjustmichele

HI Dave,

Did removing the image fix your problem? I use Paypal Pro and I am having an issue as well. One of my best customers just brought it to my attention and I have no idea how many before her have encountered the problem and left out of frustration without saying anything.

I get a Paypal API error when customers click the Paypal option and have a quantity of anything over 1.

I've found that if the customer goes thru checkout and then selects Paypal, then the problem goes away. Sounds like we may be plagued with the same headache.

Many Thanks,

Dave