image upload not working

Guest elterremoto

Guest elterremoto

I upgraded CC3 to CC4 and now I can't upload images. I try to go use the "Upload Images" in File Manager, and when the window pops up I get an error on the new window (FCKeditor) saying:

The server didn't reply with a proper XML data. Please check your configuration.

Any ideas to solve this? And is there a work around the upload?

Thanks

Guest boroutdoors

I upgraded CC3 to CC4 and now I can't upload images. I try to go use the "Upload Images" in File Manager, and when the window pops up I get an error on the new window (FCKeditor) saying:

The server didn't reply with a proper XML data. Please check your configuration.

Thanks

I am getting the same or simular thing on a new Version 4.3.8 install. In Add a new Product - I click Brows/Upload image I get a message Server did not send back a proper XML Response. XML Request Error: Not Found 404

The only way I am able to access the image folders is through adding image on Rich Text Editor of the Home page or one of the site documents. Please Help?

Guest boroutdoors

Thanks

I am getting the same or simular thing on a new Version 4.3.8 install. In Add a new Product - I click Brows/Upload image I get a message Server did not send back a proper XML Response. XML Request Error: Not Found 404

The only way I am able to access the image folders is through adding image on Rich Text Editor of the Home page or one of the site documents. Please Help?

I also Tried this from the Knowledge Base and it didn't work. But maybe give it a try!

This issue occurs if files are missing or corrupt. First please try deleting your temporary Internet files. If the issue persists please upload the files and folders over your existing ones in the /admin/includes/rte folder and then delete your temporary Internet files.

Guest elterremoto

Thanks

I also Tried this from the Knowledge Base and it didn't work. But maybe give it a try!

This issue occurs if files are missing or corrupt. First please try deleting your temporary Internet files. If the issue persists please upload the files and folders over your existing ones in the /admin/includes/rte folder and then delete your temporary Internet files.

RE-uploading the rte folder didn't work for me.

• 4 weeks later...

similar problem, when i try to upload new picture for a product i get error.

"the server didn't reply with a proper XML data. Please check your configuration."

also can not create any new image directories or chose different image for product.

• 9 months later...
Guest Ioan Popa

"the server didn't reply with a proper XML data. Please check your configuration."

also can not create any new image directories or chose different image for product.

did you guys manage to sort this out? thanks.

• 4 months later...
Guest sapin

YES I had this problem since my update , - First I replaced the files with Dreamweaver and it did not work - Then I erased the folder "rte" on my server and upload it with FTP FETCH (mac user) from the original update - And IT WORKS -

Thanks for your advises

• 5 months later...
Guest ashdonite

YES I had this problem since my update , - First I replaced the files with Dreamweaver and it did not work - Then I erased the folder "rte" on my server and upload it with FTP FETCH (mac user) from the original update - And IT WORKS -

Thanks for your advises

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I deleted the folder, reloaded with Fetch (on the Mac) and cleared Firefox cache but still the same error. Any other ideas?

Getting same error now when i go to upload a new image, (change a product image or , add a product)

"The server didn't reply with a proper XML data. Please check your configuration."

This error popped up after my site was hacked into, and i had to install a backup.....

Any idea on how to fix this? or what file i could re-upload to try to fix this?

I have no idea where the rte file is.. and what is Fetch? is that a FTP uploading program?