Family Fun Power Sports

jerseyjoe

Please look at the site http://75.127.110.64/~famfun/ (temporary address while under construction) and click on a few products. I am concerned that there are some issues with screenresolution that are causing certain product pages to display incorrectly. If yoiu see an issue, please give me the product number and your screen resolution.

• 1 year later...

• 2 weeks later...

Please look at the site http://75.127.110.64/~famfun/ (temporary address while under construction) and click on a few products. I am concerned that there are some issues with screenresolution that are causing certain product pages to display incorrectly. If yoiu see an issue, please give me the product number and your screen resolution.

It looks like a very standard cubecart template to me, and I think the layout and design does very little to enhance or sell the product, if you dont mind me saying. Also the choice of Comic Sans (or is that something similar?) font doesnt look that pleasant either. It would be nice to see some proper styling done on product information tables for example - css can do wonders for table-headers, etc.

Because the template is very simple and blocky, I dont feel a sense of value in the website compared to the (relatively) expensive products the site sells - so the design doenst build a sense of trust with the brand.

that being said there seems to be plenty of information about the products, but the site is design is lacking that modern feel with little of the 'Oooomph!' I imagine these power sports toys are supposed to give.

Your problem is probably to do with an unclosed html tag (Im guessing) in your product descriptions, though unfortunately i dont have time to hunt down any - didnt see it on the one or two pages I clicked.

Hope thats not too critical and Best Wishes,

Dan

thanks for the comments.

FWIW, he site less than 8 months old has already done 6 figures worth of busiess, profitable from day one, with no prootion or advertising. ow that the summer season is heating up, the volume is expected to double before the summer is over - and then comes Christmas.

Nit bad for a site that "lacks oomph."

thanks for the comments.

FWIW, he site less than 8 months old has already done 6 figures worth of busiess, profitable from day one, with no prootion or advertising. ow that the summer season is heating up, the volume is expected to double before the summer is over - and then comes Christmas.

Fair enough,I get from my reply you think Im being too critical - that wasnt my intention. its great that the site is selling, perhaps you didnt need my feedback.

thanks for the comments.

Fair enough,I get from my reply you think Im being too critical - that wasnt my intention. its great that the site is selling, perhaps you didnt need my feedback.

You did offer an unasked for, consistently negative, critique on the work I did. How else I am to understand such phrases as

"layout and design does very little to enhance or sell the product,"

comments on the font that the client asked for,

"would be nice to see some proper styling done"

"the design doenst build a sense of trust '

and on and on like that???

The original post asking for help was Posted 08 March 2010, roughly 14 months ago. By the time you offered your comments, the issue was obvioulsy well resolved, as a glance at the end product clearly shows. Further, I did not ask for feedback on the design, etc. The work was done to the client's startup budget. Had they funds available, I would have done a more artistic job. But, as it turned out, what I provided was obviously good.

But thanks for your feedback.

You're right - Im sorry about the date - thats because someone else recenlty posted a reply, so your post was pushed back up to the top, so I followed on from that. I just found the post in the in the show off second somewhere near the top and replied - I didnt see the date - but it does say 'Feedback Please' underneath the post title, and perhaps if you

were looking more for help to find that bgt, the post should have been made elsewhere originally.

But Im sorry if I offended, and perhaps in hindsight my post was overly critical in its wording.

Best wishes,

Dan