How do I access Cubecart Admin?

Guest 856prt

Guest 856prt

I am in the process of moving hosts (and domain names) and have uploaded my backup files to the new host. The new domain is being propagated and getting pointed to my new host (I don't know if I am using the correct terminology). In the meantime, I have a temporary IP address for testing. When I go to this address, I see the left column commands (categories, document pages, etc), but when I click on any of the pages, it brings me to a "404 Not Found" page. Is this to be expected?

Also, how do I access my cubecart admin panel (where I add products, images, document pages, etc)? Is it possible to do while using a temporary IP address? Thanks

You would get into Admin with the same path from the root as before, either /admin.php or /admin/

You likely have not changed the global.inc.php file for the new server paths, you may have the search engine friendly urls enabled with perhaps a missing .htaccess file. Or you had SSL enabled before and not disabled it for the move.

Guest 856prt

I hope that one day I will understand all of this, but for the time being everything is foreign to me and I am slowly trying to get a handle on everything. When I type the temporary IPS/admin/login I get the" 404 not found" error.

Does it matter that I have not asked the designer/host (let's call it "x") to give me the EPP code for my domain yet (ie. my site is still up & running with designer/host "x"). I'm not sure how cooperative designer/host "x" is going to be, so I have set up a new domain and am waiting for it to propagate. Does this make any difference?

How do I change the global.inc.php file for the new server paths? I didn't have a cart so the SSL probably (?) isn't an issue, and I don't know about the search engine friendly urls....

If at all possible, I would like to be "walked through" the process so I can learn along the way.

Thanks

'IPS/admin/login' does not exist. 'IPS/admin/login.php' does exist, but just enter 'IPS/admin/' if 'IPS' is a valid directory for the browser.

In the third-party forum documentation FAQ there is a 'moving your store' help topic on the paths.

Guest 856prt

Thank you again for your assistance.

Using 'IPS/admin/login.php' certainly made a difference! It got me to the password/id screen, but once that was entered I got the following message: "Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://69.89.31.202/~embroie4/admin/â€Â. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page".

I also double checked the SSL setting on my present site and it is Not enabled.

The link to the forum documentation pages is great!

I have attached a screen shot of how bluehost recommended I set up the GlobalIncphp page vs. what cubecart recommends (blue host settings are on right; instructions from forum are on left side). I will give bluehost a call to see if it was done incorrectly...

Thanks again!

Doesn't look like upload took place:

my globalinc.php page looks like this:

root Dir = '/home/embroie4/public_html'

rootRel = '/'

storeURL = 'http://69.89.31.202/~embroie4/'

Guest 856prt

I spoke with Bluehost and they have "fixed" it, to some degree. I can now log into admin. but, when I go to http://69.89.31.202/~embroie4/ the site is showing more info than a few days ago, but the links are still not being recognized (ie. when customer selects "For Baby" there is an 404 Not found message, and there are "boxed E's" next to all the categories, that weren't there a few days ago. Is all this normal for "testing mode"?

Do I hire professional help or continue to try to figure this out with your help and the forums?