Scary Canary Vintage Clothing

Hi,

Would be grateful for feedback of any kind for this store: http://www.scarycanaryclothing.co.uk

Background: Built in 5 weeks from design to implementation by myself after I gave up on Zen Cart. Found Cube Cart 4 a pleasure to use since they have separated code from content so well. Good support from the CC guys too.

This is built on CC 4, and utilises a number of free mods by (the excellent) estelle and others to bring it all together.

The navigation on the left side was a labour of love to figure out. It uses JQuery to over-ride and add/ remove classes to achieve the accordian effect. (The navigation that ships with cubecart 4 by default is its biggest let-down), and also used Jquery to remove the numbers from top-level categories but show on subcategories (to overcome a problem with categories miscounting products in sections and subsections) Took 14 hours of development time for the navigation alone, Finished at 4 oclock in the morning, one day but felt good for it, though it could do with a little more work.

The rotating banner on the front page is contolled by a little javascript and can be full ymanaged from the image uploader and home page editor.

Anyway - thats a bit of background - hope you like the store and please leave any feedback.

Thanks,

Dan.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

It's very technically impressive:) I don't even have photos or collectables on my site yet and you seem well stocked.

I'd separate actual retro / vintage from retro 'style' clothes. I know you may be looking for more technical feedback but this is the main thing that occurred to me (as a lover of all things vintage).

Kylie

Hi,

Would be grateful for feedback of any kind for this store: http://www.scarycanaryclothing.co.uk

Background: Built in 5 weeks from design to implementation by myself after I gave up on Zen Cart. Found Cube Cart 4 a pleasure to use since they have separated code from content so well. Good support from the CC guys too.

This is built on CC 4, and utilises a number of free mods by (the excellent) estelle and others to bring it all together.

The navigation on the left side was a labour of love to figure out. It uses JQuery to over-ride and add/ remove classes to achieve the accordian effect. (The navigation that ships with cubecart 4 by default is its biggest let-down), and also used Jquery to remove the numbers from top-level categories but show on subcategories (to overcome a problem with categories miscounting products in sections and subsections) Took 14 hours of development time for the navigation alone, Finished at 4 oclock in the morning, one day but felt good for it, though it could do with a little more work.

The rotating banner on the front page is contolled by a little javascript and can be full ymanaged from the image uploader and home page editor.

Anyway - thats a bit of background - hope you like the store and please leave any feedback.

Thanks,

Dan.

• 1 year later...