can't log into Admin

jerseyjoe

using current version of CC3. Site been working fine for about a month. No issues until now.

The login is accepted, that is, there is no error message - but the login GUI returns, not the ACP.

This is happening for the same store affecting two different admin accounts using different computers on different connections.

Suggestions please?

I have access to the database if that helps.

Perhaps the URL rev4eals an issue that needs fixing? If so, how to do that?

http://www.familyfunpowersports.com/~famfu...admin/index.php

Note the ~familyfun.

This happens when I create a CC site prior to the DNS transfer. Doesn't happen with other LAMP-based apps such as WordPress. Only CC. But this is the first time it's caused a lockout.

CubeCart cart contains a file /includes/global.inc.php that is configured during installation. It is where the user, pw and the URL of the site are configured.

When the site is created before the DNS is populated, the URL automatically is the IP#, plus the user. The syntax is IP/~user.

Usually, it works. I have stores that have been runnning with no problem for years under that configuration. But something somewhere in the code has changed. Login attempts created a loop. Couldn't find the proper URL. So, I was simply dropped back at the Login GUI.

The FIX:

cPanel > File Manager > includes > global.inc.php > edit > replaced the ip/~ with the URL of the domain name > saved > logged in with no problem.

Once, in the middle of a huge concert Saint Frank Sinatra (Peace Be Upon Him) sang an especially incredible note. And he sang it especially well. Even he was stunned at what he had done. He stopped singing. He waved the band to halt, turned back to the audience and said, "Damn, that was good."

Frank, I know what you mean baby. I just had one of those moments.

OOPs. There's still an issue.

I can log in now, but

1) that ~famfun still is part of the URL

2) the two other admins still cannot log in.

I think this ~famfun is generated in more than one place. I cannot find it in the database, but it may be there.

Suggestions, please?

That's the only place. (Well, the SSL urls are in the config table.) Maybe suggest to the other admins to delete cookies related to your your various incarnations of addresses to your site.
Actually, there is another line in the global.in.php file where !famfun was appearing. On Rosta's advice I changed it to ? . Shortly thereafter, the admin reported joy.

So that was the problem.

This is an issue in the design of the installation program for CC3. I don't know about newer versions, but if you create the cart on a domain whose DNS has not yet been transferred, and then do the transfer, this is an issue.

And now I know the cure.

Robsta is the MAN!