Is there a way to credit a customer account with a discount after X am

Guest Chris Mc

Guest Chris Mc

I was wondering if there is a way to set up my store so that if a customer spends (lets say $100) that their account will automatically be credited $10 towards their next purchase? I don't see any options for configuring something like this through the coupons or gift certificate sections and was wondering if anyone knows how to set this up? The only way I know how to do it would be to setup individual coupon codes that would have to be printed and mailed along with their order, but I would rather have their customer account credited automatically. Any help on this would be appreciated, especially since some other members might be interested in adding this feature as well.

Thanks!

There is nothing built into cubecart to allow this automatically. The only option would be to create the coupons as you said and email them. Actually some major stores do it this way and they give you a time frame to use it which encourages the customer to visit the store frequently if they want discounts.

Guest Chris Mc

Thanks for the response, and thats kind of what I thought would be the problem. The issue is less with the delivery of a coupon, but being able to have the customers easily keep track of their reward/loyalty points. I can create and modify coupons quite easily, but without having a section in the MY ACCOUNT page for points, I'd have to manually keep track of every customer and answer emails, which could become a real headache. The only way that I can think of to get around this is to setup a custom PHP script along the lines of where it checks the database for customers who've spent over $100, and if they have it would pull up their email address and send them an automated email with the proper coupon codes. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? If I can get something working, I'll post the solution on here incase any other users would like to have this same feature.