items not adding to basket

Guest dejatrois

Guest dejatrois

Products that do not have options associated with them do not get added to the basket. Products that do have options get added just fine. Tested this by adding an option to an item the did not have one.

I have searched out here and found lots of discussions about items not added to the basket, none like this though. Any ideas if this is a know problem and has it been fixed?

I have inherited support of the store. No mods that I am aware of. version 3.0.17

Thanks

Never heard of this one before and I'm using 3.0.17 on several of my stores. Are you using one of the standard templates or a custom one? If custom, I would switch to one of the standards temporarily and test it. If it works then, something has been modified and causing the problem.

Do you have anything javascript on the site? I discovered for example that the google friend connect bar wouldn't let you add products to the cart in IE. Removed the bar and no additional problems.

• 5 months later...

This is very interesting because I just had the same problem. I had an item that wouldn't add to the cart, and it had no product options either. I had just added an option and didn't bother testing- thinking that wouldn't make a difference. Then I read your email and went back and tried.

Sure enough, by adding a product option choice, it worked. !! I have nooooo idea why, but I'm happy and maybe some one else will be helped by this too.