Shipping issues

Guest COS-RES

Guest COS-RES

I'm having issues with the company who will be supplying parts that i will be selling. They won't tell me the weight of the products that i'll be selling so my customers have to send me an email with all the things they want. I was wondering if i can have the checkout calculate the cost before shipping, email it to us, and ask the customer to wait for a reply with the total cost...

Also, if it's not possible with CubeCart, which eCommerce thing will?

Thanks for your prompt response,

~Xander

• 2 months later...

I'm having issues with the company who will be supplying parts that i will be selling. They won't tell me the weight of the products that i'll be selling so my customers have to send me an email with all the things they want. I was wondering if i can have the checkout calculate the cost before shipping, email it to us, and ask the customer to wait for a reply with the total cost...

Also, if it's not possible with CubeCart, which eCommerce thing will?

Thanks for your prompt response,

~Xander

Hi Xander,

One way around this would be to have a shipping cost "product" (price in £1/$1), and add that to the order at the qty required to cover the shipping.

You should be able to send an email to your customer to request final payment (they will log in to the store and then pay)

I do wonder if this will really work (commercially) - it may be ok if you're shipping motorbikes/large white goods, but if your shipping low value items, I think your customers will go elsewhere.

Can the supplier provide ANY indication of shipping cost - would it be staggered (buy order value)? If you are both serious about trading together, they should be able to help. Currently, I can't see this working very well - even if there is a technical way to address the problem.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but put yourself the position of a customer - and compare the experience between your store and a competitors store.

Regards,

Jason