My online shop

Audiocheck

Guest EmBee

I speak merely as a user of websites and a person designing their own using cubecart, I am not a modder, coder or anything like that.

Hae tuote < cant see some of this text over the image of the car as its the same colour

category images are a bit small however the product image for this 'MX55 RCA-kaapeli 5m' is GIANT! your images generally seem to vary quite alot, both in display size and proportion.

for mine I set myself a target size for product images of 600 pixels wide by 500 tall, it displays well within the template and keeps things nice and neat with them all being the same proportion. for me, I have more than one image of each product, so them all lining up neatly is important to me! this also makes them line up nice and neat in latest products and similar.

a well stocked site. a lot of text perhaps, which also to my mind is a bit small

the bottom right sidebox (sale items?) particularly is where it just looks too much to read.

as a website viewer, I want to be presented with something clean and easy to read and simple looking, If I want to know more, I'll click it. maybe this isn't helped because I don't speak finnish, my eyes are just sliding off all that text and don't want to read it.

For mine I wanted to get away from the 'cubecarty' look which I did by removing the bullet points, making the text bigger (but then, I don't have so many categories!) and I also removed alot of sideboxes I didn't need, and I unboxed them, that is they are white background with no border

hope that helps!

I speak merely as a user of websites and a person designing their own using cubecart, I am not a modder, coder or anything like that.

Hae tuote < cant see some of this text over the image of the car as its the same colour

category images are a bit small however the product image for this 'MX55 RCA-kaapeli 5m' is GIANT! your images generally seem to vary quite alot, both in display size and proportion.

for mine I set myself a target size for product images of 600 pixels wide by 500 tall, it displays well within the template and keeps things nice and neat with them all being the same proportion. for me, I have more than one image of each product, so them all lining up neatly is important to me! this also makes them line up nice and neat in latest products and similar.

a well stocked site. a lot of text perhaps, which also to my mind is a bit small

the bottom right sidebox (sale items?) particularly is where it just looks too much to read.

as a website viewer, I want to be presented with something clean and easy to read and simple looking, If I want to know more, I'll click it. maybe this isn't helped because I don't speak finnish, my eyes are just sliding off all that text and don't want to read it.

For mine I wanted to get away from the 'cubecarty' look which I did by removing the bullet points, making the text bigger (but then, I don't have so many categories!) and I also removed alot of sideboxes I didn't need, and I unboxed them, that is they are white background with no border

hope that helps!

Thank you very much! I think you had some really good points over there. I will probably try to get something out of a few of your advices.

I agree with you trying to get away from the cubecarty look. I`m still learning to use all the possibilities which I have in my hands when it comes to modifying my web pages. And I apologize because my english isn`t perfect but I hope you get the idea :(

Guest EmBee

Indeed, I get the idea! I find people who apologise that their English isn't perfect, generally to be very good, often better than some English people!

I'm finding this website building thing to be much like having a paint palette, and a canvas, and paper and brushes and palette knife and pencils and different types of paint and, well a whole art shop really!

some of it I don't really know what it is or what to do with it! some of it I never will!