Error message for my new skins...

Guest ubure

Guest ubure

Hello,

I hope you can help me with this:

after having uploaded new skins to my skins-folder and activating them I get the folloing error message in my store home:

[XTemplate]

* [] (skins/purplevariable/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl) does not exist

* parse: blockname [body] does not exist

What did I do wrong?

Thank you so much,

Inez

Hello,

after having uploaded new skins to my skins-folder and activating them I get the folloing error message in my store home:

[XTemplate]

What did I do wrong?

Thank you so much,

Inez

You did not say which folder you uploaded to. And have you confirmed that the folder does not exist on the server, in the correct folder?

Guest ubure

Hello,

[XTemplate]

What did I do wrong?

Thank you so much,

Inez

You did not say which folder you uploaded to. And have you confirmed that the folder does not exist on the server, in the correct folder?

Hello,

thanks for your answer!

I've uploaded to public/html, there the shop folder, and there in the skins folder. It's all there when I check in my cPanel file manager as well as in the admin area of cubecart.

Any ideas?

Guest ubure

Does the file exist at that EXACT location?

I'm sorry if this is stupid, but where is the exact location?

Thanks for being patient,

Inez

Does the file exist at that EXACT location?

I'm sorry if this is stupid, but where is the exact location?

Thanks for being patient,

Inez

Look at your error message: * [] (skins/purplevariable/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl) does not exist

Guest ubure

My apologies to Robsta for intruding.

Tell us how you installed the skin. I mean using what method, by what application, step by step.

Thank you so much for trying to help me!

Okay, I used Filezilla: I uploaded the unzipped folder containing all the files for the new skin to this folder: /public_html/shop/skins

When I open this folder in my cpanel I get all the skin folders (Classic, Killer, Legend and my new skin), when I click on the folder of my new skin it opens, giving me two other folders called Style images and Style templates. When I click on Style templates there are the files boxes, content, global, popup. When I click on global two files cart. tpl and index.tpl open.

That's it in fact. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Inez

My apologies to Robsta for intruding.

Tell us how you installed the skin. I mean using what method, by what application, step by step.

Thank you so much for trying to help me!

Okay, I used Filezilla: I uploaded the unzipped folder containing all the files for the new skin to this folder: /public_html/shop/skins

When I open this folder in my cpanel I get all the skin folders (Classic, Killer, Legend and my new skin), when I click on the folder of my new skin it opens, giving me two other folders called Style images and Style templates. When I click on Style templates there are the files boxes, content, global, popup. When I click on global two files cart. tpl and index.tpl open.

That's it in fact. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Inez

I'm going to take a guess (don't have time to confirm) that your new skin upload is incomplete. Compare the folders for the other skins and you will note that there are more than two folders. There should be, for any CC skin I have ever seen, three folders (Images, Templates and Sheets).

Guest ubure

I'm going to take a guess (don't have time to confirm) that your new skin upload is incomplete. Compare the folders for the other skins and you will note that there are more than two folders. There should be, for any CC skin I have ever seen, three folders (Images, Templates and Sheets).

But it is the same with each skin I download and upload afterwards (from different sources), and I've tried several just to get sure.

What can I do now?

Thank you,

Inez

Guest ubure

Do your uploaded skins have this exact file structure?

Hello,

yes, they all have this exact structure. I really don't know where the mistake can be found.

Thank you,

Inez

Hello,

yes, they all have this exact structure. I really don't know where the mistake can be found.

Thank you,

Inez

OK, as regards structure but does your new skin have THREE folders?

I so, have you asked the creator of the skin about your issue?

Guest ubure

Hello,

Thank you,

Inez

Hello,

they do have three folders. As I've tried several skins from differents designers and all behave in the same way it must be something else. Maybe something is wrong with my setup? I really don't know what it could be. The other skins (Classic, Legend, Killer) work.

Hello,

Thank you,

Inez

Hello,

they do have three folders. As I've tried several skins from differents designers and all behave in the same way it must be something else. Maybe something is wrong with my setup? I really don't know what it could be. The other skins (Classic, Legend, Killer) work.

So it is not just this skin that is an issue? That is really relevant information that should have been stated earlier.

If I understand you now, you have not been able to install any skin and have it work. Is that the case?

Guest ubure

Hello,

Thank you,

Inez

Hello,

So it is not just this skin that is an issue? That is really relevant information that should have been stated earlier.

If I understand you now, you have not been able to install any skin and have it work. Is that the case?

Yes, it is the same with every skin I want to install. I'm sorry, I mentioned this before, maybe you have overread it

Thank you,

Inez

Hello,

Thank you,

Inez

Hello,

Yes, it is the same with every skin I want to install. I'm sorry, I mentioned this before, maybe you have overread it

Thank you,

Inez

Not being able to install any skin is a totally different issue from a problem with one skin. As for my "missing" that fact, I've gone back over your original posting and read each subsequent one. Only now that you make it explicit that this problem affects every attempted skin installations, do I see how you may think you made that clear - but you really did not. The word every only appears now.

I respectfully suggest that you avoid commenting on what you perceive to be the shortcomings of those trying to help you. The fundamental principle of communication is the the effectiveness of any message is 100% the responsibility of the sender.

As for the next step in finding the cause of the failure of any of your skins to be functional, this might be the time to ask one of the CC experts here if they would take a look at whatever is on your server. They would need FTP access. That kind of stuff is usually done either in these forum's PM system or by direct email.

Hope that helps you.

Guest ubure

Hello jerseyjoe,

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful in any way! I'm not a native speaker so maybe what I write is understood not the way it is meant by me. Again, I'm sorry! And I'd like to stress that I am very grateful for any help I receive!

Meanwhile I have deleted the whole thing and tried to install Cubecart anew (using Fanatstico Deluxe). This time there is no shop at all, only this message:

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/seasons/public_html/includes/sslSwitch.inc.php on line 30

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/seasons/public_html/includes/sslSwitch.inc.php on line 30

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/seasons/public_html/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 30

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/seasons/public_html/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 30

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/seasons/public_html/includes/sslSwitch.inc.php:30) in /home/seasons/public_html/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 44

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/seasons/public_html/includes/sslSwitch.inc.php:30) in /home/seasons/public_html/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 44

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/seasons/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php on line 119

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/seasons/public_html/includes/sslSwitch.inc.php:30) in /home/seasons/public_html/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 48

I guess I'm just too stupid to get along with CubeCart. It's frusting!

Inez

This is because your server is using a new version of PHP than v3 was designed for. The messages can be hidden quite easily, here is a search of the third-party forum for the answer.

After re-reading your error.... it may not be the cause. Fantistico is known to cause installation problems, try installing it manually. There are additional instructions for installation in the third-party site documentation to help you. Try version 4... it should not have this problem as it's designed for a newer version of PHP.

Guest ubure

This is because your server is using a new version of PHP than v3 was designed for. The messages can be hidden quite easily, here is a search of the third-party forum for the answer.

After re-reading your error.... it may not be the cause. Fantistico is known to cause installation problems, try installing it manually. There are additional instructions for installation in the third-party site documentation to help you. Try version 4... it should not have this problem as it's designed for a newer version of PHP.

Thank you, Robsta - your first worked anyway!

Inez