Its about finished now!

Guest EmBee

Guest EmBee

I'd like to add that this is my own site, I've tried to keep a more personal friendly feel, as its just me that makes the work and runs the website.

this is why it was important to me to try and get away from the typical 'cubecarty' look, which can feel a bit corporate and like people are only there to buy things.

while I wanted to make my site better for selling (than mrsite which is pants) I also didn't want it to feel purely like a selling site, that there's some general 'eye candy' and interesting information too.

any thoughts on how well I've achieved this would be appreciated.

All Good :-)

A nice strong design.

My comments;

Prev/Next product text should also be clickable (currently the product image is the navigation method)

The PayPal logo at the bottom of the page looks strange, ie, not in alignment with anything. I'd considering removing it.

Perhaps add google maps links to the phyisical stores - just a nice extra.

The image of you (in "About" page) needs to be correctly resized and re-uploaded - and not resized in the browser. In fact, this probably applies to the other images you've uploaded for your site documents.

I personally use iFranView for quick resizing, its freeware and fairly easy to use.

Other than that, nothing wrong as far as I can see!

Cheers,

Jason

Guest EmBee

thanks for your comments.

I'll look into the prev/next text, see where the linked part is and try to move it.

the paypal logo was aligned center, with the whole page,(should look aligned with the copyright notice?ah, except on the home page apparently...) originally it was in the middle of the middle column but the prev/next thing messed with it and it jumped left or right when either of the previous or next products went onto 3 lines. I also tried it in the side box, but didn't like it there either. this was the best position I've come up with so far.

what sort of value does something like this have? I felt the use of the logo itself looked fairly professional, but the jumping around on the page did not!

how necessary is it? I've got it on my information page in the payment section.

I was planning on adding photos of the physical stores , but getting them to provide me with photos that I can use isn't easy!I think I have one so far! Next time I visit them I'll be taking my camera! google maps would be good too, thanks.

I use paint shop pro for my resizing, most things are correctly sized but that one must have escaped!

Hi,

I wouldn't say it looks professional or unprofessional - you're not pretending to be a large company, and the strength of your store is really your name/brand, so its reasonable to expect a small sole trader to not have a full merchant account.

I have done 2 Jewellery sites in the past, so know that lots of effort has gone into yours (photos are always difficult)

I think PayPal has smaller logos, and so it may fit better in a sidebox, or even put the logo on your cart page.

re Google maps - you may find the store is covered by streetview :-)

Jason

Guest EmBee

ok, followed some of your advice,

the physical shops list is now in a table to keep it neat (they weren't behaving!) and they have a map link and a streetview link.

I've also resized those pictures (only two were wrong)

the whole thing on prev/next is now one link.

I'll think some more about the paypal box. For now I've shoved it down a div or two so it stays aligned with the page centre and therefore the copyright text.