Browser Title problem since 4.3.9 update

Guest HSN_Tom

Guest HSN_Tom

Hi all,

Since updating to CubeCart 4.3.9 I have had this little annoying problem which I cannot put my finger on.

When you edit a product (not tried making a new one yet) an entry is automatically put into the Browser title field for seo.

The error reads as follows

<br /> <b>Warning</b>:  htmlentities() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in <b>/home/useracc/public_html/admin/sources/products/index.inc.php</b> on line <b>960</b><br />

This is something thats not been placed there during the update but something thats automatically being entered upon going in to edit the product. I have deleted the entries from the database directly, cleared my cache and again gone into the same product to edit it, and hey presto its back.

Any ideas anyone, as this could be a killer for SEO if you overlook it :s

Cheers,

Tom.

Guest HSN_Tom

Ok I have done a little digging and the problem appears to be cause by a recent addition t line 960 in admin/sources/products/index.inc.php

this is what CC 4.3.8 looked like

<td align="left"><input name="prod_metatitle" type="text" size="35" class="textbox" value="<?php if(isset($results[0]['prod_metatitle'])) echo $results[0]['prod_metatitle']; ?>" /></td>

and this is what CC4.3.9 looks like

<td align="left"><input name="prod_metatitle" type="text" size="35" class="textbox" value="<?php if(isset($results[0]['prod_metatitle'])) echo htmlentities($results[0]['prod_metatitle'],"ENT_QUOTES","UTF-8"); ?>" /></td>

The problems is coming from the

htmlentities(
 just after the echo there and the 
,"ENT_QUOTES","UTF-8")

just before the php closing tags.

I hope this helps the CC team ;)

Ok I have done a little digging and the problem appears to be cause by a recent addition t line 960 in admin/sources/products/index.inc.php

<td align="left"><input name="prod_metatitle" type="text" size="35" class="textbox" value="<?php if(isset($results[0]['prod_metatitle'])) echo $results[0]['prod_metatitle']; ?>" /></td>

<td align="left"><input name="prod_metatitle" type="text" size="35" class="textbox" value="<?php if(isset($results[0]['prod_metatitle'])) echo htmlentities($results[0]['prod_metatitle'],"ENT_QUOTES","UTF-8"); ?>" /></td>

htmlentities(
,"ENT_QUOTES","UTF-8")

I hope this helps the CC team ;)

A bug report and fix had been submitted :yeahhh:

Here

Andrea

Guest Classic Crackers

htmlentities(
,"ENT_QUOTES","UTF-8")

I hope this helps the CC team :)

A bug report and fix had been submitted :cry:

Here

Andrea

This didn't work for me. Any other ideas anyone?

Open admin/sources/products/index.inc.php. Find AROUND line 960, this code

Unquote "ENT_QUOTES". It should now look like this

<td align="left"><input name="prod_metatitle" type="text" size="35" class="textbox" value="<?php if(isset($results[0]['prod_metatitle'])) echo htmlentities($results[0]['prod_metatitle'],ENT_QUOTES,"UTF-8"); ?>" /></td>

Clear cache and try it, it should work.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Classic Crackers

The double quotes work for me. I can update products with no error. Here is the bug fix from CC and you can see the UTF-8 has double quotes. http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=2063

Yes it works now but all previously entered products still have the problem. Newly entered products don't. The only way around it for me is to delete the products and re-enter them!

Guest Classic Crackers

Wouldn't matter if I had 398563458967 double quotes, single ones, or none at all. It's still borked.

Search the error in google and you'll see that you're not alone!