Cant google me?

Guest garywrench

Guest garywrench

Hi, not sure if anyone else has the problem, but search as i can i cant find my shop on Google. I'm not daft, i know a little and have all my meta tags in there, if i search on google i find my site mentioned on friends websites but never get to my own shop even after 60 pages of googling.... my sites www.4x4recovey.com , anyone else see it? i cant find it if i search for the domain or the metatags (recovery, 4x4 shackles, kinetic, rope, etc)

Anyone any ideas?

THanks

Gary

You need to submit it to Google. If you don't already have a Google account, create one and go here: https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount?hl=en

Then click "Webmaster Tools".

Follow the steps in there to add your site. You'll want a sitemap, and here's the one I used successfully: <<removed>>

Edited to add: it wasn't a store, just a free download, not from a 3rd party store site.

Edited by tomoharu
Please note the rules on posting links to third-party stores. Link removed.

Guest Alex Roy

Gary;

How long as your site been online? With Google, the longer your website is online, the better search results you get.

Also, what do you have for content on your website? The more relative content you have, the better results you will get. So if you want to people for find you in the search term of recovery, you need to write a paragraph or more about recovery. Maybe even a help tip article.

Guest lymonium

Hi, not sure if anyone else has the problem, but search as i can i cant find my shop on Google. I'm not daft, i know a little and have all my meta tags in there, if i search on google i find my site mentioned on friends websites but never get to my own shop even after 60 pages of googling.... my sites www.4x4recovey.com , anyone else see it? i cant find it if i search for the domain or the metatags (recovery, 4x4 shackles, kinetic, rope, etc)

Anyone any ideas?

THanks

Gary

Gary

I don't think you need to worry too much - if I google "www.4x4recovery.com" your site appears at the top of the results, so it definitely knows about you.

You should also export your product catalog to google's shopping site and give yourself some free (and valuable) traffic - it works for us.

Check out

google.co.uk/base and follow the instructions (you use CC's export catalog feature to achieve this)

Google adwords won't hurt either, but it requires attention and a small budget. Before starting any campaigns though, you should check out some tutorials on it to avoid wasting money and improve your rank.

Cheers,

Simon.

Your problem has nothing to do with Cubecart, everything to do with your site content. You have no text that has your company name, except on the about page. Google is all about content... you need to add a lot of copy within your site for Google to care about your website. It takes a lot of work and time to get in good with search engines, look up some info about SEO copyrighting, etc.

I've just picked a random product;

http://www.4x4recovery.com/Tree-Strops-and...ing/prod_7.html

Product description;

2 ton, 2 metre webbing sling.

Polyester duplex webbing slings conforming to BSEN 1492-1 2000

* reinforced becket eye

* wide flat load bearing surface

* light & durable for awkward locations

* safety factor 7:1

Make better use of bullet points.

Describe the product - from the above, there is nothing to relate the product to its uses.

Imagine explaining the product to someone on the phone - what is it used for, is it suitable for all trucks?

Hopefully you can see what I mean.. now repeat this for all your products. I'd expect to see about 2 paragraphs of text for the above product...

Once you've done this, THEN get Google Base up and running. Link to the store from your forum Signature. Get into the 4x4 forums, and if within their rules - add a signature link and get involved with the community.

Jason

Guest garywrench

Thanks ever so much for your help guys, much appreciated.

Initially i couldnt even find my site if i typed in www.4x4recovery.com, but now its working well and i find myslef on the first page of google searches when looking for '4x4 shackles' or 4x4 recovery' or similar, well chuffed. I will take on board what some have said here, theres obviously a lot more i should do to my site in terms of SEO, even just basic stuff.

All a learning curve !

Thanks again guys.

Gary