checkout security for buyer and seller

Hi

I am new to shopping cart software including cube cart.i don't fully understand how to configure the checkout.In the admin area, how to you configure it so payments are made into your business account securely. It seems to be set up for visa etc what input is required by the seller/admin to make this work? Can you use paypal, google checkout and debit/credit card payments on the same checkout page?.I am evaluating the software but time is running out as I am stuck,everything seems to work well apart from me not understanding this bit. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Hi, thanks for that

What is this SSL certificate, is that needed for an individual and separate payment system/card process such as visa or mastercard, but not needed for google of paypal checkouts in otherwords could i have just google or paypal checkouts in tandem and would customers have to have google or paypal accounts in order to buy products from my cubecart website?

You need an SSL certificate if you want to take debit/credit card payment directly on your site. You can use PayPal IPN where customers are taken to PayPals website to use their credit/debit cards and they do not need a paypal account. For Google checkout they would need to own or create a google account.