Search Engine Optimization Option

Guest omama

Guest omama

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me briefly what does the Search Engine Optimization Option found under the General Settings does?

Does it make any difference if I click yes to SEO..cos i see no changes or whatsoever?

Please advice

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me briefly what does the Search Engine Optimization Option found under the General Settings does?

Does it make any difference if I click yes to SEO..cos i see no changes or whatsoever?

Please advice

I assume you mean on CC4 (you don't mention the version)

I would suggest backing up your store before going further, you can normally do this under your hosting control panel.

For the SEO code to work, you need to create the .htaccess file (a simple text file) with the contents of the file coming from the SEO area section inside "general settings".

This .htaccess file should be copied to the web root of your site.

If you continue to have problems, I would suggest posting in the correct area (CC4 general support) after searching the forum.

Jason

Guest Roger Huston

CubeCart's built in SEO is not very good. In fact, almost anything else is better. Robsta, don't you have a product that is better? Magic URL is also one. Just search for CubeCart SEO products.

- Roger

CubeCart's built in SEO is not very good. In fact, almost anything else is better. Robsta, don't you have a product that is better? Magic URL is also one. Just search for CubeCart SEO products.

- Roger

Not me.