Upgrade from 4.3.9 to 4.4.0 breaks Search function

After upgrading from 439 to 440 the search function from the store's home page returns the following error:

MySQL Error Occurred

Error Message:

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '*) as `count`, MATCH (I.description,I.name,I.productCode) AGAINST('+(count(*) as' at line 1

SQL:

SELECT DISTINCT(I.productId), I.count(*) as `count`, MATCH (I.description,I.name,I.productCode) AGAINST('+(count(*) as `count`2006count(*) as `count`)' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AS SearchScore FROM apollo_CubeCart_inventory AS I, apollo_CubeCart_category AS C WHERE (MATCH (I.description,I.name,I.productCode) AGAINST('+(count(*) as `count`2006count(*) as `count`)' IN BOOLEAN MODE)) >= 0.500000 AND C.cat_id > 0 AND C.cat_id = I.cat_id AND C.hide = '0' AND (C.cat_desc != '##HIDDEN##' OR C.cat_desc IS NULL) AND I.disabled = '0' ORDER BY SearchScore DESC

Anyone else having this problem or knows a cure?

Thanks,

Paul

Guest thecanfool

I am also getting an error when trying to use the search function

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '*) as `count`, I.name AS SearchScore FROM CubeCart_inventory AS I, CubeCart_cate' at line 1

the above error is a search fir null

below is a search for a string

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '*) as `count`, MATCH (I.description,I.name,I.productCode) AGAINST('+(count(*) as' at line 1

Break search and got this error

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/xxxx/includes/content/viewCat.inc.php on line 185

MySQL Error Occurred

Error Message:

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '*) as `count`, I.name AS SearchScore FROM CubeCart_inventory AS I, CubeCart_cate' at line 1

SQL:

SELECT DISTINCT(I.productId), I.count(*) as `count`, I.name AS SearchScore FROM CubeCart_inventory AS I, CubeCart_category AS C WHERE (I.name RLIKE '[[:<:]]chang[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]trai[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]da[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]tai[[:>:]]' OR I.description RLIKE '[[:<:]]chang[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]trai[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]da[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]tai[[:>:]]' OR I.productCode RLIKE '[[:<:]]chang[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]trai[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]da[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]tai[[:>:]]') AND C.cat_id > 0 AND C.cat_id = I.cat_id AND C.hide = '0' AND (C.cat_desc != '##HIDDEN##' OR C.cat_desc IS NULL) AND I.disabled = '0' ORDER BY `date_added` DESC, `name` ASC

Guest Technocrat

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/xxxx/includes/content/viewCat.inc.php on line 185

MySQL Error Occurred

Error Message:

SQL:

SELECT DISTINCT(I.productId), I.count(*) as `count`, I.name AS SearchScore FROM CubeCart_inventory AS I, CubeCart_category AS C WHERE (I.name RLIKE '[[:<:]]chang[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]trai[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]da[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]tai[[:>:]]' OR I.description RLIKE '[[:<:]]chang[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]trai[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]da[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]tai[[:>:]]' OR I.productCode RLIKE '[[:<:]]chang[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]trai[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]da[[:>:]].count(*) as `count`[[:<:]]tai[[:>:]]') AND C.cat_id > 0 AND C.cat_id = I.cat_id AND C.hide = '0' AND (C.cat_desc != '##HIDDEN##' OR C.cat_desc IS NULL) AND I.disabled = '0' ORDER BY `date_added` DESC, `name` ASC

Open that file

Find:

$searchwords = split ( '[ ,]', sanitizeVar($_REQUEST['searchStr']));

Replace with:

$searchwords = preg_split( '/[ ,]/', sanitizeVar($_REQUEST['searchStr']));

MySQL Error Occurred

Error Message:

SQL:

Open that file

Find:

$searchwords = split ( '[ ,]', sanitizeVar($_REQUEST['searchStr']));

Replace with:

$searchwords = preg_split( '/[ ,]/', sanitizeVar($_REQUEST['searchStr']));

Many thanks for your great help Technocrat. It is working great.

Guest Technocrat

I fixed them all already except for PayJunction. I don't want to mess with that one so someone else will have to look at it